Ethan Wasiejko

First things first, thank you all so much for reading. I am so thankful for the opportunity to have my writing used as a reference.

This piece is about finding the hope in your life when you feel like things aren’t going right. You may have noticed that I didn’t add how I found my hope. I did this because I would like for it to inspire people to find hope in their own way. I wrote this in hope to inspire and help those who need it most.

Thank you so much for reading, once again. I am so grateful for you all, and the Write The Word team. Until my next piece...blessings, love, positivity, and peace. -Ethan W.

My Hope

To my beloved diary,

I have to admit, if you knew me about two years ago, I’d seem like a psychopath compared to who I’ve become. Anxiety was the ultimate killer. It would eat away at me, to the point where I couldn’t even enjoy eating out at a restaurant. I would have to leave school due to the fact that I kept becoming physically ill- I was a basket case.
    But during my sixth grade year of school, I began my healing journey. I discovered the hidden hope that I had within my soul all along. I began a journey that allowed me to experience something I had never felt until very recently: peace. I finally found peace within myself that allowed me to feel free and open to accomplish anything that I never thought I could.
    Throughout my healing journey, I learned. I learned that the only real-world problems we have are caused by over thinking. We shouldn’t spend so much time dwelling on our insecurities, nor our supposed flaws, not even if we fit it in. I learned that it’s okay to go against what society says is acceptable. Society’s job is not to make the rules, but only to make judgements. And it’s our decision whether or not we listen to those judgements. It is OKAY to live life the way YOU WANT TO.
    Has anxiety affected myself and many others? Absolutely. But, I now know that there is hope for everyone. How could I live my life not knowing how to control myself? How could I survive if I couldn’t find my hope? I learned that there is hope in everyone, and in any situation. Finding it is the only hard part.