Reflection small

Lone Warrior WWII

Hi! My name is Abby. Love to write historical fiction and fanfiction. I am a WW2 history buff and enjoy collecting items from that era. I have won 2 local library book contests both books were historical fiction about WW2 and Vietnam war. Romans 1:16

To decide it against your convictions is to be an unqualified and inexcusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let men label you as they may.
If you alone of all the nation shall decide one way, and that way be the right way according to your convictions of the right, you have your duty by yourself and by your country. Hold up your head. You have nothing to be ashamed of’.
Doesn’t matter what the press says. Doesn’t matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn’t matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.
This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences.

My Private War: A Combat! Story, Part 2

1
                                                           Chapter Two                                                             1945, France

Billy Nelson woke up on a bright Monday morning in France. He leaned over to his buddy Littlejohn to see if he was awake yet. He wasn't. So he laid back down and recalled the events of yesterday.
    The squad had went on patrol with Sergeant Wolf. They had been walking on an exposed road when the sound of German machine gun rang out. Trent, the new replacement got it right away, Doc dragged him into a patch of trees nearby. Billy dove into a a ditch that ran along side the road. He squeezed off a few rounds from his M-1 before Caje threw a grenade into the machine gun nest. He checked the Krauts before checking on Doc and Trent. Trent was in bad shape by the time he got there. A few minutes later Littlejohn had ran up.
"Wolf is in some type of shock." He had said. Doc followed Littlejohn to where Wolf lay against a tree. Billy had helped keep Trent calm while Caje kept steady pressure on the wound. Billy worried about all the blood Trent had lost. Doc had come back a few minutes later, helping Wolf. Billy and Caje had quickly fashioned a stretcher. Caje took the point, Billy helped Wolf, and Doc and Littlejohn carried the stretcher. After the long but uneventful walk back Doc took Trent and Wolf to the aid station. A little while Trent and Doc had loaded into an ambulance to go to the hospital in the rear.
    Doc would have been back the next day but the ambulance had been ambushed. The squad hadn't found Doc or Trent and had to consider them M.I.A. Losing Doc hit the squad hard. He had saved the lives of all the men many times. He had rescued Caje and Sergeant Saunders from a hostage crisis and even killed a Kraut. He set them straight when they lost their tempers for no reason. He gave good advice and was extremely loyal.
"Billy?" Littlejohn asked jerking Billy out his memories
"Are you OK?" Littlejohn questioned. 
"NO I'm not OK! How could I be OK?" Billy yelled. "Docs gone and probably dead, Trents been on the line less than 48 hours now he's probably dead"
    By now the whole squad had woken up. Including Sergeant Saunders who had been released from the aid station on the promise he would take it easy. Sarge and Littlejohn tried to calm him down but to no avail. 
"Why would they ambush an ambulance? Why?" Billy asked then sat back down. 
"I don't know why." sarge replied. "But until I get confirmation the he's dead I'm not giving up. The best thing we can do for them is do our jobs and do them well. Can you do the Billy?"
"Ya Sarge." He said. with that the squad left the tent where they were staying. Sarge left to talk with Lt.Hanley, Kirby was getting a poker game together, was cleaning his gun. Billy grabbed his helmet which was blackened from all the times the squad used it as a cooking vessel. The squad had a little bit of a break so he wondered over to a pile of ruble and soaked up the sun. He thought about what Sarge had said. He was right of course but man would it be hard. 
    This is part 2 of 4 I will be coming out with part 3 soon. It will be written in the third person mainly about Sergeant Saunders. Don't worry I will get back to Doc soon!

• AbigailSauble

Excellent job! Good job with describing what people are doing! I have to find out what happens next! :D
    Keep it up!
    God bless!