Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

May I Have This Dance

2
Off in a corner I stood. Watching the dancing couples with solemn eyes. No one had asked me to dance, much less talked with me. I tried to smile, but unwanted tears made it impossible. I gazed out at the beautiful farmland. The sun was beginning to set, shining golden light on the musicians and lively dancers. The music came to an end; everyone honored their partner, then the men led the ladies back to the pavilion. The sound of happy laughter rang in my ears, and I silently wished no one would notice me. I looked away. 
   Then a voice spoke beside me. 
"May I have this next dance?" The dark-haired gentleman gave a little bow. 
   I smiled in surprise, my tears gone. "Yes you may." I took his offered arm, and away we stepped to the end of the forming line. We stood across from each other, and he smiled. I sent a shy one back, my green eyes sparkling. The music began, we joined hands, and let the dance carry us away. 
This composition, and the latest one I wrote (The Dance), were inspired by the reason that I wasn't on this website yesterday. 
An ECD (English Country Dancing) event. 
'The Dance' is mostly written after my favorite dance of all time! Aw Shucks. ;) SO incredibly fun!