Dsc 3077

Victoria Penning

b-day is Jan 1st
17
11 siblings
airsofter
writer
baker
coffee drinker
fangirl of Keeper of the Lost Cities
a goof
town & country girl
Author of Evidence for Angels
Jesus loves you, and I do too.

Jesus loves you this I know, for the Bible tells me so, little ones to Him belong, they are weak but He is strong.

'For God to loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoso ever believes in Him, shall not perish but have everlasting life.'
John 3:16

Ashes

3
"NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" The wails came from all around the city. Even when they were half way across the city, Alaina could still hear them. She shivered and shook as she listened to the people in the boarding house panic. She had found her mother and father dead in their beds that morning. She ran to her older brother Raymond's room. He was dead also. She quickly grabbed her two year old brother and ran and hid in the cupboard in the pantry. She rocked him back and forth as she listened. "Henry! No! Not you too! NO!" The woman's voice wailed and screamed. She paused for a breath, but it turned into a sudden intake of air, and..... she was quite. There was a soft thud as she landed on the rug. There came a scream from the kitchen. "Cook is dead too!" "Run! Take nothing with you!" People ran out of the building screaming. Some of the screams died quickly, and bodies piled in the street. Analyse shuddered. She and Walter were left alone. With the corpses.
    Day turned to night. Alaina fell asleep with Walter laying next to her. When she woke up the next morning, her stomach growled. Walter's did also. She check to make sure he was okay, then quickly slipped out of the cupboard and into the kitchen. She found a half of a loaf of bread, and an apple. She juggled the food around to open the door when she heard movement from within. The little door swung open and she ducked inside. "I didn't find much, but it will - WALTER!" She threw the food aside and dropped next to her brother, shaking him, crying, yelling his name. "Walter! Wake up! You've got to wake up! You're all I had left!!!! Please don't die!" She sobbed and sobbed. Nothing seemed to matter anymore. She had been fighting to keep him alive, and she had failed. Now, she had nothing in her life, nothing to do with her life. Her cries lessened. A blackness seemed to slowly seep over her vision. A song faintly played through her head in ghostly voices. "Ring around a rosy, a pocket full of posies, ashes, ashes, we all fall down!" The song repeated it self. The children's voices seemed to slow down, and echo. She felt her self falling on her back. It was all in slow motion. Her breathing slowed. Her back hit the floor. A gasp left her chest, but no more air entered her lungs, ever again. 
In school I learned that the song 'Ring around a rosy' was about the black death. I came up with this story in the car, and thought that maybe I should try something different than the mundane stories I write so often. So, here is my first... horror story? Maybe? Please let me know what you think of it.  

• Riley Noel

Whoa, this is a hauntingly sad story. Definitely something a ghost guide would tell you as you walked through a haunted house!

• Victoria Penning

Thanks. :) I was going to, but then I realized, that I was kind of basing my story off of the Black Death, but the people died faster in my story than in real life, so I kind of just left it alone. I should probably get my facts right next time though. ;)

• AbigailSauble

This is so sad! But well-written! I would suggest mentioning something about everyone getting Black Death. You could add a very dramatic sentence somewhere among all the sorrow. Something like: "The Black Death had gotten her brother also." Not those exact words, but maybe something like it? :)

Well done! Keep up the great work!

God bless!