Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

Firework Memories

2
"Ugh!" I spoke frustratingly into the cool night air. 
   My younger sister, Allison, glanced over at me from her spot on the flat roof where she was watching the fireworks go off in the distance. 
"Why won't this camera take a picture?!" My teeth gritted, I tried again. It wouldn't focus. Only bokeh dotted the screen. "Come on!" I looked over the settings to figure out what was wrong with it. 
   "Ooh!" Allison gasped with awe. "Did you see that one? It was the biggest one yet!" Her eyes were bright even in the darkness. 
"No, I didn't see it." I was trying not to yell at her. Of course I didn't see it! I'm trying to figure out my dumb camera! I peeked out at the horizon, lit with city lights and fireworks. As soon as I began fiddling with my camera again, the bigger ones went off. 
   "I think those were even bigger!" Allison breathed with pleasure. I could almost hear her smiling. 
"I really wish I could've seen them!" I muttered irritably. 
   "Sorry, Lindy." My sister said sincerely. Okay, now I felt kinda guilty. I was ruining it for her, wasn't I? But why wouldn't my camera work? 
   I angrily started messing with the controls again, doing anything I could think of to make it focus on the fireworks. Work, you dumb thing! Work! A great big firework lit up to my right, catching my eye. I set the camera on my lap, for the moment forgotten. Neat. 
   "That was SO big!" Allison said, pulling the blue blanket closer around her. "It's kinda cold." 
"You can use my coat." I offered, a tad grumpily. 
   "Thanks." She smiled and turned back to the colorfully lit horizon. 
I looked through the eyepiece again, willing the camera to focus. Ah ha! It did! But right when a firework exploded, my camera wouldn't take a picture. 
   "Ugh! No no no no! Work!" I yelled. 
"Shh! Our neighbors can hear us!" Allison let her gaze settle on me. 
   "I know. I know." After a few more tries, I finally got two decent pictures of the fireworks going off, and then set the camera into its case. I sighed, mostly content. 
   A chilly breeze blew across the roof, making me shiver. I pulled my blanket tighter around my shoulders, and moved nearer to Allison. 
   I don't need a camera to make memories. I realized, guiltily. Sitting here with my sister is enough. 
I cuddled closer.