Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

Raging Storms

It was a lonely, wintry sunrise. Pink and gold painted the sky in an endless array of beauty. Glistening snow hugged the mountain-range on the dark horizon. Brown deer flicked their tails as they leaped between white-clad firs, shaking soft snow-flakes from their warm coats. A single red fox slunk to the frozen creek's edge, licking at the ice with frustration. A white rabbit, barely visible in the dim light, against the pure snow, sprang through the deep drifts, its ears twitching with early noises, and a cloud of breath appearing when it exhaled. 
   Roxanne watched this with a mixture of emotions. Sadness; all the forest creatures trying to keep warm, and to quench their hunger. Awe; Seeing the world covered with a thick layer of perfect snow, changing the landscape to a winter wonderland. Glancing to the distance, her blue eyes clouded thoughtfully. The sun began rising, little by little, over the mountains, touching every tree with its warm rays. Heat soaked through Roxanne's thick, red coat, bathing her in sunlight. 
   Suddenly, the small noise of an engine rang faintly from her right. Whirling around, she dashed up from the forest to the roadside. It could be Nick. It took several minutes for the snowmobile to appear, and Roxanne shielded her eyes to see the driver. Dark hair ruffling in the cold breeze, cheeks ruddy from the cold, subtle smirk, snapping black eyes. Yup, it's Nick. Roxanne shuddered with dread. Of course it had to be my ex-boyfriend. 

Nick grinned triumphantly, a twinkle in his eye, as he paused the snowmobile in front of her. "Hello sunshine. Imagine my surprise when the lodge got a call saying that you wanted to be picked up. Lucky for me I was on duty." He winked, and patted the seat next to him. Resisting the urge to groan, Roxanne stepped inside the vehicle, and crossed her arms defiantly when he held out his hand to help her in. The grin never left his smug, handsome face. 
   Ignoring the way it felt being near him again after many weeks of avoiding him, Roxanne set her jaw, and determined to say nothing on the way back to the lodge. But Nick had different plans.
   "So," He turned to look at her. "Why were you out there so early in the morning? And how'd you get here? You could've froze." 
Don't melt. Roxanne told herself silently, crossing her fingers in the fleece pocket. "Can't a girl get away without everyone in an uproar?" 
I'm still working on this, and we'll see where it goes. :) How do you all like it so far? Also, do you have any ideas for the rest of this story?