Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

In A Coma

0
Gray. Misty fog all around me. Closing me in. I'm shut off from the rest of the world. In a corner by myself. Alone. It echoed in my memory. What did I remember? I closed my eyes to sharpen the faint glimmer. Laughter. Ringing laughter. Yes, it was there. Hidden under layers of fear, pain, and resignation. But it was still there.
   Shoving my thoughts deeper, I delved into my memory. Surely there must be something else. Who laughed? Why? A scene flashed past. I latched hold of it, feeling myself being pulled further into my mind. Warm, rushing air blowing me nearly away.
   Light. Was it really? Yes, golden light. Coming from where? I pushed open the memory. People gathered in a circle, playing a game. Why were they familiar? I stared at each of their dim faces. Something clicked. I remembered laughing with the brown-haired woman sitting farthest from me.
   Was that the laughing I remembered? Who was she? Pain seized my brain as I squeezed into a tight recollection. Chocolate everywhere. The same woman laughing hysterically. Chocolate on her face. I used to know her. Her face became quite clear as I reached further into the memory. 
   Sparkling green eyes, and a bit of mischief made them her most noticeable feature. Short, light brown hair lay on her shoulders in straight layers. Her lips twisted into a smirk, and she wiped chocolate off her pert nose with her wrist. 
"Meriah, look at yourself!" A new fit of giggles burst from her mouth, as she pointed at me. 
   A shock ran through me. Was my name Meriah? Suddenly, the woman became fuzzy. Everything around me blurred.
   Gray. Misty fog all around me. Closing me in. Wait, was something breaking through? I heard voices. Obscured color appeared, slowly brightening and forming into recognizable shapes. 
   My eyes opened. I was lying on a soft bed. White walls surrounded me. People stood around me. I didn't move, watching them for animosity. None. Only sadness and love. Warmth grabbed my heart. Love? Then I recognized one of the people. The laughing, chocolate-covered woman. Only, now she was clean, free from the mess. A name floated to the surface of my thoughts. 
   "Amy?" I whispered. Everyone grew silent for a moment.
"Meriah!" Amy flew to me, knelt beside the bed, and gazed into my eyes. "We thought we'd lost you." 
   "No." I managed a small smile. "I'm back." 

1