Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

Sunrise in June

0
I woke up shivering cold. My eyelids dragged down with sleep. Through bleary eyes, I reached over and tapped a silver button on my alarm clock. A blue light awoke the digital numbers. 5:30. Why was it so cold? Glancing out the window, my breath caught with awe. The sky was ablaze with golden orange, swirled with purple, and dotted with soft pink clouds. A flock of black birds crossed the scene. 
   Forgetting my tiredness, I jumped out of bed and snagged a gray hoodie from my desk chair. I can't miss that gorgeous sunrise! Quietly, I ran down the carpeted stairs, carefully avoiding the creaky places, and into the living-room, where I had left my camera the night before. I slung the black strap around my neck, and checked the battery. Three bars. Perfect. Dashing back upstairs, I flung my window open, and stepped out onto the roof. 
   It was cold and slightly slippery, so I walked slowly. Even though my brain kept saying, Faster! Faster! Faster! Squelching my excitement as best I could, I focused on not sliding off the roof. Yeah, that'd be a great start to the morning. I thought sarcastically, smirking in my concentration. My bare feet quickly got numb, but ignoring them, I scampered up the composition shingles to the topmost part of the roof. 
   I carefully sat down on the ridge, and took the camera cap off. Squinting my left eye, I peered through the viewfinder. Breathtaking. Beautiful. Lovely. Perfect. Gorgeous. These adjectives and more sped through my mind as I pressed the shutter-release button. The sun was just about to peek over the mountain range. Anticipation made my heart thump wildly. 
   Turning the camera this way and that, I took several more photos of the morning scene before me. My mom called me a "Camera Shark" because I always took so many pictures. I smiled at the nickname, zoning out from the sunrise for a moment. Gazing back at the horizon, a tiny sliver of gold appeared. Click! The only sounds in the cold air were swallows and chickadees twittering, and my camera snapping pictures. 
   The sliver grew bigger, steadily rising over the earth. More pictures. For a minute, I set the camera on my lap, and just watched. A puff of vapor appeared when I exhaled. It's June, for goodness' sake! I shouldn't be able to see my breath! Suddenly, out of the corner of my right eye, I saw something move. A bird? No. What is that? I crawled along the roof, mindful of the camera dangling around my neck. Peering closer, I saw a figure sprinting through the morning shadows along the neighboring field. 
   What's he doing? My curiosity got the better of me. I set the camera to my eye, and took a picture. He was too far away to hear my simple action. Why does he keep looking over his shoulder? I glanced behind him, seeing nothing move. He headed to the little locked shed which my neighbor kept farm supplies in. 
   The man jiggled the lock, scanning the area around him. Startled, I watched him kick the door open. Before he slipped inside, I snapped another photo of him, zooming in on his face. Most of his features were shadowy, but I knew I could lighten it up on Photoshop. I watched the shed for a few more minutes, then saw the man leave, dragging a heavy bucket behind him. 
   I took another picture before he disappeared into the woods. Turning back to the sunrise, the round sun was already over the horizon. I took a few more pictures, then went back down the roof, and through my window. My mind filled with questions. What was the man doing? Why did he break in? What was he carrying behind him? Guess I'll have to find out.