Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

An Afternoon In August

0
Heat waves rolled up from the ground. Plants lay wilted in the garden, even though they watered them every morning. Even the birds were too hot to sing. That afternoon would've been depressing if not for two girls playing hide-and-seek in the barnyard.
   "Ready or not, here I come!" Katherine stilled her breath, and listened for the sound of giggling or pattering footsteps. But there was silence. Katherine headed in the most likely direction. The hay-barn. Ever since they had gotten a ton (literally a ton) of hay for their cows a week before, it had been Adeline's favorite place to be. 
   Katherine passed by her dad's red truck, noted that the peanut jar was gone from its hood, smiled knowingly, then continued on her mission. One of Adeline's favorite things in the whole world, (besides horses) were peanuts. Their dad called her 'The Peanut Thief'. 
   But when she arrived at the hay-barn, peanuts were scattered everywhere. Katherine knew that her younger sister would never be that careless. She followed the obscure trail to the back of the barn, where she realized that the smudged, cobb-webby window was pushed open from the inside. Scared, Katherine glanced around, calling Adeline's name. She spotted her sister's pink-framed glasses lying on the dirty floor.
   Fear gripped her heart. What had happened to Adeline? 
A Night in January
A Minute in February
Midnight in March
A Day in April
A Morning in May
Sunrise in June
An Hour in July
An Afternoon in August
A Second in September
Sunset in October
Noon in November
An Evening in December

So for this series, I'll be writing a short, suspenseful story for each. 
In each one, I may not display the entire mystery, but will give the 
reader a taste, then leave it to you to think of the possible endings. :)

None of the characters in the series will be related, but each will
have their own, special mystery. :)

Hope you enjoy!