Dsc 0263

AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Singer
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
Volleyball devotee
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. ~ John F. Kennedy

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

https://wheniwasanartist.blogspot.com/

Sunglasses - Through My Eyes

0
Sunglasses: Through My Eyes

My name is Sunglasses. Original, I know. But it certainly isn’t my fault that I have no name! I can’t speak, move, or do anything, really. My owner first pulled me off a store rack when the first warm weather hit Oregon in June. All the other shoppers took my cool friends away. The ones who were violet and rainbow colored. Me, I’m just plain black. Though plain is probably too much of a decorative term.
After about a month, no one had bought me for their own, until one day, I saw the re-stocker’s big hand reach toward me, and I started panicking. Not that a pair of sunglasses can hyperventilate. (Good thing for anyone who wears me). When a young shopper, maybe in her early teen years, pulled me off the rack, and out of range of the man’s arm.
She smiled at the man, and said, looking at me: “I want this one. All for my own.”
This is when I surveyed her closely. True, she wasn’t like all the other shoppers, who flashed by with their stylish clothing, and nicely manicured nails. This girl was rather plain in her pink t-shirt and faded jeans, but there was something in her eyes. Something sincere. Which I had never seen before. As if she had forethought to get me. To make me hers.
Her grip was gentle, yet firm. Blonde hair framed two sparkling, green eyes, with dots of blue and gold twinkling mischievously in the light. After purchasing me at the counter, she slipped me onto her face, darkening the scenery around us. It was amazing to see through her eyes! She saw the world as it was. A place in desperate need of something. Someone.
I saw love through her eyes. Love for everyone around her. I felt touched that my owner had chosen me. Me, the plainest pair of sunglasses on that rack. She choose me to be hers, which made me feel warm, special, and loved.

THE END