Lone Warrior WWII

Hi! My name is Abby. Love to write historical fiction and fanfiction. I am a WW2 history buff and enjoy collecting items from that era. I have won 2 local library book contests both books were historical fiction about WW2 and Vietnam war. Romans 1:16

To decide it against your convictions is to be an unqualified and inexcusable traitor, both to yourself and to your country, let men label you as they may.
If you alone of all the nation shall decide one way, and that way be the right way according to your convictions of the right, you have your duty by yourself and by your country. Hold up your head. You have nothing to be ashamed of’.
Doesn’t matter what the press says. Doesn’t matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn’t matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right.
This nation was founded on one principle above all else: The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences.

The Visit

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

3
     The knock, the thing I have always been afraid would come. The smartly dressed soldiers walked up the the drive way to deliver the news. I ran up to my room and sat at the window seat that over looked my backyard. I have fond memories of the times Buck and I had played there. We would pretend we were exploring jungles in Asia, or blasting off in a rocket ship. Buck's favorite was when we played soldiers. He loved to pretend he was a famous general fighting his way across the forests of a make believe world he had in his mind. In that world right always won over wrong and heroes were crowned. A world were he could make battle plans and strategies. He had become a soldier, an officer at that. He had combat ribbons and awards but none of that mattered now. Mom and Dad talking to the soldiers jerked me out of my fantasies. Then I heard Mom crying. I buried my face into a pillow and cried as well. Buck was never coming back.

1