Rose

Rachel A.

I love writing and music and when the two come together it truly is my favorite. Poetry and song writing go hand in hand and I love to use my ability to read music and understand it to write songs.

"hold on tight/ this ride is a wild one/ make no mistake/ the day will come when you can't cover up what you've done/ now don't loose your fight kid/ it only takes a little push to pull on through/ with so much left to do/ you'll be missing out, and we'll be missing you" -Alex Gaskarth; Missing You by All Time Low

Falling

PROMPT: Turned to Stone

1
    She fell from the sky. Landed on her feet with a sword in her hand and a metal plate across her chest. She stood with authority in-front of the capital building. A security guard reached for his walkies and paged the National Guard. Within minuets the swat teem had her surrounded. One of them yelled out telling her to put her sword down. The wind caught the leather flaps of her skirt as she straightened herself upright. The hinges of the knee plates of her boot creaked; making the officers flinch. She reached up to brush the hair out of her eyes and caught mine. She wouldn't break my gaze as I looked her up and down. Wondering from where she could possibly have arrived. Then she ran like the Devil. Right. To. Me.

1