Cupo

Grace Mary Potts

My life is comprised of inconsistencies, daydreaming, procrastination techniques and occasionally, writing.

I wouldn't quite call myself a novice in writing but as there is certainly room for improvement, I would very much appreciate any comment you can provide, particularly if it's the constructive kind.

This is What it is

PROMPT: Why I Write

1
Writing is a peculiar means of communication. One can express emotion and meaning in as little as one word, or they can create a symphony with thousands. One may tell stories, send a message, educate, speculate, evaluate.

There are a thousand different uses in writing and regardless of which, what is formed by the individual person is unique entirely to them. No style is the same. Every writer conducts a different orchestra and composes a different song.

For me, writing is an outlet, an expression, an escape. A world to fall into when my own becomes too much to bear. A place to admit how I feel when my skin is stretched tight over my bones and my stomach clenches like a coiled spring. When I want to shout and cry and scream at the ground and the sky and the moon becauseĀ why does this have to be so hard. When I can't show how I feel inside and it builds like a pressure until it hurts to breathe. Writing is release. A singular salvation from a tremulous world collapsing under the weight of peer pressure and expectations.