SashSash

Russian Federation

I'm 17... I remember writing poems at 6, so I guess I've been in this for a while...
I write poems, prose and literally anything there is to write. Dark, lyrical, comedy, kids... name it.
I'd appreciate comments/critique soooo much!

Literally as it says there, I was looking at a box on my desk... I know, inspirational......

Useless box

I don't know why I'm writing this... I'm tired, sitting at my desk, I look around (bear in mind, that my desk is very organised), and see this box. It's made of wooden sticks connected with thread. It's small, simple, straw-coloured... But that's not all I see. 

I remember when I was buying it: I saw it sitting there on a shelf of some shop, and felt like it should be sitting on the shelf over my desk. I just liked it, and I felt like I needed it... I didn't know what I'd put in it, I didn't know what it would ever be for: it didn't have a purpose, it didn't have a meaning. I bought it nevertheless, just because I felt like it fits me, and I'd be happy even if it was hidden away, collecting dust...

But I look at it now, on its designated place on the shelf, and I know that it holds all of my hairbands and pins, as if it has been doing that forever. I can hardly recall the times I had to stuff hairbands into my jewellery box, and retrieve them each time I had to tie my hair, not even knowing how much time it wasted. I see that something I introduced to my life without a purpose helped me in a way I didn't expect or think I needed, and I wonder: how many opportunities or people do I have in my life, that  I accepted without a given purpose, and that are now by me as if they were here forever? 

All that from a box... wow, I need sleep.

• May 20, 2017 - 6:11am (Now Viewing)