1491594033966 1400780456

CCReed

Love to write. Doesn't matter if it's good.

Please read, critique, read again, and enjoy yourselves thoroughly. If needed, read again and critique harshly. I'm always looking to improve my writing.

Heart

PROMPT: Living Locales

1
I can feel the heartbeat of the city underneath my feet, thumping in a perfectly timed rhythm. I kneel down on the rough asphalt skin of the road and press my ear up against it, trying to find the source of the steady beating. There is an aura of excitement in the city tonight- you can feel it in the air. The air is hazy, almost as if the city is quivering in anticipation, abuzz with activity and unable to hold still. I find the source of the heartbeat- a bass drum beating inside a building. The energy of excitement increases, causing the hairs on the back of my neck to go static, my own heartbeat getting faster as I near the building. It's almost unbearable- being this close to the city heart, the energy pumping, continuously pumping. I hear music and shouting inside, and that incessant thumping of the bass drum. I feel my own excitement rising, my feet tapping to the rhythm. I open the door to building and walk into the chambers of the city's center.