Dg67ibxfuzu2bmsbou5sqs6h3.498x416x1

Suri Purefoy

Hey there! I love writing, reading, watching movies, smelling rain, cooking, babysitting, watching leaves turn colors in autumn, laughing, and hanging out with friends and family.
Have a great day, and keep writing!

Any kind of feedback is warmly welcomed!

Why Do I Write?

PROMPT: Why I Write

0

Freedom.

I write to escape. 

A lot of times I feel trapped in the world of daily chaos; I feel that I am in a small, sqaushed metal cage where I'm constantly tormented. 

Whether it's between me and a friend, a faimly member, or myself, I feel that I have to say the right, perfect things. That if I utter something even remotely wrong everything falls down that stairs quickly, and wiht a big boom at the end. I feel like I can't break loose from the barred cage and be myself because I am trying to be...perfect. I try to be someone I'm not.

When I write, I love the feeling as my fingers lightly grap the smooth coolness or warmness of the pen. The swift movement of my hand gliding accross the paper as words are somehow translated. I love the smeel of the paper. And I love the soft sound of the utensil pressing against the parchment. The click of the tip of the pen as it lifts fromm the paper and then goes back down in the curves of each unique letter that is written. 

I write to be free.

Words, people, and places form onto the paper or the screen as I write. I imagine myself there, as one of the characters, touching every little leaf, flower petal, pebble. Smelling every sweet or sour smell that enters my nostrils. Seeing every person and thign that moves or doesn't. Hearing the birds, the music, the walking, and all the sounds that my ears may detect. 

I feel that I have broken free of my bondage when those words, no matter how they are written, of my fictional fantasies.

I'm someone else: I'm me when I write. 

I don't have to suffer the critisism that I recieve from myself and others when I am in My World.

That wonderful world in my head.

Why I write: 

To be free.  

1