Northern lights

Sarah D

"He was a poet; and they are never exactly grown up." - J.M. Barrie

Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated; I'm always open to improvement.
Thank you for taking the time to read my pieces and I hope you enjoy them.

Finding the Words

PROMPT: Why I Write

1

I write because it reminds me that the world is bigger than myself. I write because it humbles me to tell someone else’s story. I write because I discover things I never knew I could find. I write because thinking in poem stanzas has become a habit. I write because I don’t know how to stop. I write because I don’t want to stop. I write to find an outlet. I write to clear some space in my brimming, restless mind. I write to feel something. I write to understand the loud emotions I feel. I write to understand how the world can be so messy and beautiful. I write to understand how I can still be completely in love with it.

• Sarah D

Thank you so much for the comment Grace! I really appreciate the feedback! I'm glad you can identify with my piece and I understand exactly what you mean about bursting from huge ideas. Thanks again, Sarah.

• Grace Mary Potts

I definitely relate to the line: "I write to clear some space in my brimming, restless mind. I write to feel something." Sometimes ideas can become so beautiful and complicated and HUGE in my mind that I think I'll burst if I don't write it all down.

And I adore the first line, for no reason other than the fact that it's beautiful.

This is gorgeous Sarah. You've done a wonderful job ^-^