Image

roxy goth

I'm a teenager who loves reading, daydreaming and writing.

This is part of my HotNCold universe, there are more pieces circling the characters on my profile. I would like to know what you thought of the characters and the world they're in, please. Roxy

Forbidden love.

0

The door opened and a blue-skinned teenager nervously peered out of it and double checked left and right to make sure no one was coming. Seeing it was all clear he made a break for it, slamming the door behind him and running as quickly as he could down the ice-steps in the castle.

“Maynolt Icicle! Where do you think you’re going?” The teenager winced, stopping at the bottom of the stairs and turning slowly around to be met with his father’s un-smiling face.

“E-erm…I’m just going to hang out by the fields.”  Maynolt said, doing his best to smile. Well, he reasoned with himself, it wasn’t technically a lie…he was going to the fields…

King Lupian scanned his son over once more, before bursting out laughing, he laughed so hard he actually had to hold his stomach.

Maynolt watched him, not entirely surprised. His father was a very good ruler, who the entire kingdom respected and only a few disliked him. Despite this however he was a bit…eccentric it had to be said.

After a good thirty seconds his father finished laughing, leaning heavily on the sceptre he always held in his hand. “Ah, that was brilliant! You should have seen your face! But seriously.” He said, straightening himself up again and setting his features straight. “Why didn’t you just say? You don’t need to sneak around, just tell me if you want to go down the field. There’s no issue, just be back for tea, yes? You know what your mothers like with punctuality…” He made a face.

Maynolt breathed a sigh of relief. “Y-yeah, sure I will what time is it again?”

“C’mon kid! You should know this by now, it’s only been 19 years! 6 as always, hasn’t changed since yesterday. “

Maynolt laughed, fiddling with the end of his jumper. “Right, of course. Can I go now?”

“Of course.” Lupian smiled. As he watched his oldest leave he shook his head good-naturedly, and turned and walked of, his blue, sea-patterned, sequined cape flying out behind him.

Maynolt hurried into the living room and froze. His two younger sisters were blocking the exit and grinning, Maxine mischievously and Savannah slyly.

“Get out of the way, you two.” He ordered, waving a hand at them. “Don’t make me Snow-Ball you.” Snow-Ball was one of the ice people’s powers; it was the first to appear and usually did so when the child was about five. Exactly as it sounds, you made snow-ball shoot out of the palm of your hand.

“You’re going to meet her again, aren’t you?” Savannah said. It wasn’t a question.

Maynolt sighed. Busted. “Two things, number one, yes I am so please don’t tell mum and dad, secondly would you please at least address her by name?”

“I’d rather not.”

“Why not?” Maxine snapped, glaring at her older sister. “I think Lilly is a lovely name.”

“Well, yes, it’s a lovely name. Too bad the body doesn’t live up to it.” Savannah snarked.

Maynolt felt anger bubbling inside him. “Listen, Savannah, just because you’re practically a twig doesn’t mean that everyone has to be.” He snapped.

Savannah just raised a perfectly-plucked eyebrow and said, smugly. “Can I point out that I’m not the only twig? Technically Maxine is to, and a fair other amount of people. Anyway, boys like it.”

“Well, obviously not all boys.” Maynolt pointed out, indicating himself.

“Yes, but you’ve always been weird.”

“Well I think Lilly seems nice.” Maxine said, stubbornly.

“You haven’t even met her!” Savannah protested, completely outraged.

“No, but I’ve seen her through the ice-gates. She seems nice, she’s always singing.”

“Whatever.” Savannah said, rolling her eyes at the same time as folding her arms and turning away from the youngest.

“Anyway, yes I’m going to see her, you won’t tell the parents will you?” Maynolt practically begged.

For the first time during the entire conversation Savannah’s eyes softened. “No, I won’t. You’re forgetting I know what it’s like to love someone everyone hates.” She tuned and glared sharply at Maxine, who put her hands up in the air immediately.

“I didn’t say I hated him, I just said he’s a creep who uses way to much hair-gel.”

“Why you little-!” As the bickering broke out behind him, Maynolt used the opportunity to dart past his sisters onto the ice-path glad to be out of the conversation/argument. Savannah was dating a guy called Derik, who Maxine hated with a passion. She was friends with his younger brother, Callum and according to her Derik teased and picked on him to no end. She’d hated him since her childhood.

Maynolt wasn’t particularly fond of him either, it had to be said. But for him it was mainly the fact he wasn’t fond of guys who were too full of themselves and rode around on icer-bikes.

He was soon on the streets and making his way through the market-square. He slowed his pace; it wouldn’t do for a prince to be seen to be rushing anywhere. People came to the prince, not the other way around. Around him he could see children playing with their ice-powers, shooting each other with snowballs and making fantastic ice-sculptors. Maynolt had to stop a couple of times to chat with market-stall owners who were desperate to sell him there items. He had to decline, as he’d ‘accidently’ left his wallet behind.

Eventually though he made it to the tall ice-gates, chained together by a long chain of ice with a solid metal lock. He turned and walked along the field until he found it, the small hole in the gates. He had no idea how it had happened but boy was he glad it had. Maynolt sat down and pretended to be absorbed in counting blades of snow-covered grass before the children who had been playing in the fields left. Sighing with relief, he took of the ridiculous blue cape his father made him wear to show he was a prince, shoved it through the hole and then crawled after it. He picked it back up, stood up, dusted himself of and smiled.

There it was the caravan his girlfriend lived in with her family. Still smiling he walked towards it and knocked on the door. It was opened by her brother Matthew, the ice-people’s armor maker.

“You want Lil’s don’t you?” He said immediately. Maynolt nodded and Matthew disappeared for a second.

Then there she was, his beautiful girl. With her curly black hair, chocolate-brown skin and full figure some people [Savannah] might not see what he saw. An absolute angel, with sparkling grey eyes.

“Well, are you coming in then?” She asked, teasingly, holding the door open.

The young prince didn’t hesitate for a second. “Of course.”

• July 14, 2015 - 2:56pm (Now Viewing)