20160601 184544

Raven Salvers

I was born in the U.S.A and have lived there for my entire life. I have had a love for reading since the age of 7. I enjoy writing as much as I do to read (which is ALOT!!!!!)... I also like to put faces on stuff. :) I also LOVE fantasy... And HP!!!

I am 15 and am an amateur writer for fun. One problem I have though is when I create something I like, I try to turn it into a book... now... several unfinished books later, I am still going!! :) I hope you like what you see and if you do don't forget to click the all important star in the corner so I know!!! :D

Plunger Boy & The Accidental Dunking

I was there when it happened, when my cousin did something so gross and disgusting it was funny. We were all together. My father’s side of the family was all together in the same house by the sea. The day was clear and calm but the temperature was hot. The house was clean and so were the people inside, or so we thought. Light played across everyone's faces and we were all enjoying different conversations. My aunt Ellen in her high heels and summer dress was in conversation with my aunt Peggy who was beginning to cook dinner with the help of my aunt Catherine. I was downstairs finishing lunch while the other eight of my cousins were upstairs. At first it was quiet, then out of nowhere my cousin Riley raced down the stairs with her older sister Casey right behind her and shouted, 

“Aunt Ellen! Jack put a plunger on his head! He’s parading around and I don't know if he knows what its used for! I think you need to come upstairs! He thinks it is funny. We've been trying to tell him to take it of, but he doesn't understand!”

I began to laugh harder than I had in a long time and my family joined me. This was not expected because we all assumed that it was common knowledge that plungers were discussing. Jack was ten at the time and was well aware of what was dirty and what was not because his parents are very neat seeing as my uncle is a dentist. My aunt was beside herself with disgust and could not bear the thought of someone putting a plunger on their head, while the rest of us laughed for a half an hour. My aunt hurried upstairs and we couldn’t here anything else except the occasional loud voice. Soon afterwards my cousin Mary, who is the same age as my cousin Jack, came downstairs to make sure that we were going to do something about our dirty little problem. Cacy sat down next to me and we began to talk. I asked,

“Was the plunger gross looking or anything? “Not really,” she answered, “after every use we wash it in the toilet or bathtub.” “Why would you wash it in the bathtub,” I asked. “Because no body wants the use a plunger that has never been washed after being in the toilet,” was the answer I got. I was silent for a moment, but then added, “Point taken.” 

Afterwards, the three of them gave us the full story of how this little snag had come about. Apparently someone thought that they needed the plunger but found out they didn't. My cousin had raced to get it and when someone told her that it was unneeded she stopped. Then Jack saw the plunger and to be funny, put it on his head and danced around. We talked about how often the named plunger was used and concluded that it was used about a week before. Jack’s mother came back down the steps and shook her head, she looked exasperated and said in a tired tone, 

“When I asked him why he put it on his head he said he didn't know. When I asked him if he knew what it was used for he said he didn't know again. So I told him. When I finished, he was in tears and I had him take a shower. He's going to have to wash his hair over and over again!” 

We all laughed and joked about it for the rest of the day and then for a little while afterwards. From that day on, Jack has stayed well away form any plunger he sees. The named plunger still sits in its rightful place; next to the toilet, in a small bathroom, upstairs, in out family beach house. A few stories came to be told that day including one about a plumber who had to unclog the drainage of my other aunt’s toilets  and how he had emerged In a rather, (to be polite,) dirty state. I found it hilarious to see Jack come downstairs almost two hours later, wet and rather quiet. I doubt that we will ever forget it and it is still one of our favorite memories to this day. We all like to remember the story of Jack and the plunger and every time we recall it, we get a tremendous laugh.

• July 15, 2015 - 4:05am (Now Viewing)