pencils.and.paper.roses

Director
NERD
Hopeless romantic
Equally hopeless Fangirl™️
16
Early senior
Queen
The Lumineers
Bird lover
Fascinated by Great Britain
Love M. Night Shyamalan movies
In love with Rami Malek
❤️

Still unfinished, thanks for reading and hope you like it!

Hiding From Hitler

2
It was a normal day. Me, my sister Joely, and my 5 and 7 year old cousins, Olivia and Isaiah, were sitting in my bedroom, laughing and talking. Earlier we had played a game and eaten dinner together. Suddenly, we heard a car pull into my driveway. I immediately became worried; all of our guardians were already there. "Guys, all of you stay here. I'm going to see who that is."  The adults were all in the kitchen, cleaning. I walked carefully to the living room, but before I could get to the window, I heard loud banging on our front door and rough, men's voices shouting. "Oh, no..." I said under my breath. I ran back to my bedroom as fast as I could. "It's them! They're​ here!" A look of horror flew into Joely's face. I grabbed Olivia's hand and Joely grabbed Isaiah's, and we went as quietly as possible to the hallway next to the living room. "Where are they? None of them are supposed to be here and we're not stopping until they're gone!" a man's voice shouted. I knew what they were talking about. They were coming for us. We had been warned about this. Hitler wanted every Jew out of the world, and he wouldn't stop until they were "exterminated". Me and my family were Dutch, and Hitler had recently invaded The Netherlands. My thoughts were interrupted by our guardians telling the Nazis we weren't there. They were not Jews, and me, my sister, and my cousins were. "Follow me," I mouthed. I led them into our school room. I opened the window, climbed out, and gestured for Joely to follow me. She didn't get it, so I pulled her arm out, and then she understood and followed me. I helped Olivia and Isaiah out, then we stood in silence for a few minutes to make sure they hadn't heard us. Luckily, they hadn't, but I heard them banging through the house, looking in closets and behind doors. I could tell they were very close to the school room. I herded the other three away from the window and to the front of the house, but immediately ducked behind a bush at the sight of more soldiers. It'll be pretty hard to get away from here," I thought. Then a brilliant idea began to form. I walked back to the side of the house and noiselessly opened the gate. I  whispered the plan into my sisters ear. She nodded and we brought our cousins to the backyard. We ran to the very back and hid in the space where we sometimes played to explain the plan to our cousins: We would climb over the fence into our neighbor's backyard on the next street over, and then we would head to the end of the street and hide out there for a while, probably overnight. "Okay?" I said. They nodded, and we lifted them over the fence and then climbed over ourselves. We stood for a few minutes and then began the walk. After 10 minutes or so, we stopped for a break. Then I remembered something important, something that could help us for a very long time, maybe. I took my cousin's hands and led them to the place I was thinking of. There were woods at the end of our street. It was a 20 minute walk, even longer because we were walking back the direction we had just come from. But I was sure the Nazis would never find us, and even if they did, it would be a long time.