Image

Austin Stevenson

Dear Future Me

Dear future me, I really hope you are happy with where you are because that is all that I am thinking about. As long as you are happy, that's all that matters. I really hope that you have a lovely wife and even a couple of kids. I want you to be living in a two story house on about five acres of land. I want you to be out mowing that land until the sun goes down on your riding lawnmower while your kids are playing basketball in the driveway and your wife is inside preparing dinner for the family. I want you to be a PE teacher at a nearby school and I want you to love that job. I want you to live a life where you don't have to worry about money. I also want you to live somewhere where it isn't so bipolar with the weather. Maybe somewhere like Arizona or Tennessee? I want you to have a barn with a few chickens and cows. Maybe even a few horses for the kids to ride. That is all I want. I don't want to be rich and have a mansion. I just want a simple life with my simple family in my own paradise.

• May 22, 2014 - 9:27am (Now Viewing)