378709 2971812652530 1178176603 3425818 1686159774 n

Angelina Nguyen

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing."
-Benjamin Franklin

Hello, everyone! I hope you enjoy my pieces published on this page! Most of what I write is inspired by real life events, along with people I have the pleasure of meeting. Please favourite, review, leave a comment or share any of my works if you like them because it may not seem like it but it means a great deal to me and will make my day tremendously.

Drawing Out From Deep Recesses

PROMPT: I Remember

3
I remember stick figures with disproportionate bodies, triangle skirts for the girls and spiky hair for the boys. 
I remember uneven, chalk hopscotches with wobbling legs and triumphant children. 
I remember a crayon toucan, ridiculed for being purple instead of black for its feathers, green instead of yellow for its beak.
I remember folding one thousand paper cranes, foolish enough to think that I could save him.
I remember appropriating "The Great Wave" with ghost ships, tales that haunted and intrigued me, but were reprimanded by a teacher. 
I remember an art essay, accused of being work that was not my own because it was too advanced for a year nine student.
I remember the day I broke out of fearing art. 
I certainly remember that smile on my face when "first place for Visual Arts" was followed by my name.