B493bd15 cb2f 422a 8a56 2193d8b5a721

pencils.and.paper.roses

NERD
Hopeless romantic
Equally hopeless Fangirl™️
16
Early senior
The Lumineers
Kodaline
Bird lover
Fascinated by Great Britain
Love M. Night Shyamalan movies
In love with
James McAvoy
&
Rami Malek
❤️

I'd read a book once about puppy mills, and it made me want to take action. When I saw this competition, I realized it was the perfect place to get the word out! Take action!

Get Rid of Puppy Mills-Adopt From Shelters!

Over 10,000 of the dogs you see in pet stores every day come from puppy mills. Puppy mills are backyard breeders who breed dogs for profit in cramped, dirty conditions with little food or water. Because the mothers are kept in these conditions, the puppies are born with serious medical conditions such as deafness, heart and kidney diseases, and respiratory disorders. These poor dogs are sold at only 7 or 8 weeks old, 4 weeks before they should be separated from their mothers. These puppy mills should be outlawed, especial in Missouri and Illinois, which are some of the biggest puppy mill states, the dogs should be rescued and brought back to health, and be placed in loving homes where they will be treated well.

The dogs in puppy mills are commonly kept in wire cages, which sometimes are stacked on top of each other. The cages injure the feet of the dogs, and when they are not kept in wire cages, they are forced to sleep in their own defecation. When a dog is too weak, injured, or old to reproduce or sell, the dog is put down. Shelters, on the other hand, are usually no-kill and keep the dogs in clean, safe conditions with adequate food and water.

The fact that the puppies are taken from their mothers at only 8 weeks or younger is not a good thing. Being taken from their family too young can cause excessive fearfulness, behavior problems, etc, and if a puppy is unwanted due to behavior problems and such, it could be abandoned. If they are abandoned with a major problem like deafness, it could die. If puppies are adopted from shelters, they are less likely to have medical problems causing them to be abandoned.

Puppy millers breed with no regard for the dogs health. They breed unlicensed so they won't get "shut down" by the authorities. These puppy mills are keeping healthy, lovable pets in shelters and giving illegal puppy millers money they don't deserve.

If you adopt from a shelter, there is a large chance that you will be getting a healthy pet that you will probably have for years to come. But if you get one from a puppy mill, your pet might have serious, incurable medical issues.
Adopt from a shelter and help outlaw puppy mills!

• mrcolinredwards

YESSS,YOU SPEAK SO MUCH TRUTH!!! I AM FOLLOWING YOU NOW!