pencils.and.paper.roses

Director
NERD
Hopeless romantic
Equally hopeless Fangirl™️
16
Early senior
Queen
The Lumineers
Bird lover
Fascinated by Great Britain
Love M. Night Shyamalan movies
In love with Rami Malek
❤️

If anything, I'd like ideas for revision. Thanks for reading and hope you like it!

Get Rid of Puppy Mills-Adopt From Shelters!

Over 10,000 of the dogs you see in pet stores every day come from puppy mills. Puppy mills are backyard breeders who breed dogs for profit in cramped, dirty conditions with little food or water. Due to the poor conditions of the mothers, the puppies are born with serious medical conditions such as deafness, heart and kidney diseases, and respiratory disorders. These puppies are sold at only 7 or 8 weeks old, 4 weeks before they should be separated from their mothers. These puppy mills should be outlawed, the dogs rescued and brought back to health, and placed in loving homes where they will be treated well.

The dogs in puppy mills are kept in wire cages, sometimes stacked on top of each other. The cages injure the feet of the dogs, and when a dog is too weak, injured, or old to reproduce, the dog is put down. Shelters, on the other hand, are usually no-kill, keep the dogs in clean conditions with adequate food and water.

The fact that the puppies are taken from their mothers at only 8 weeks or younger is not a good thing. Being taken from their family too young can cause excessive fearfulness, behavior problems, etc, and if a puppy is unwanted due to behavior problems and such, it could be abandoned. If they are abandoned with a major problem like deafness, it could die. If puppies are adopted from shelters, they are less likely to have medical problems causing them to be abandoned.

Puppy millers breed with no regard for the dogs health. They breed unlicensed so they won't get "shut down" by the authorities. These puppy mills are keeping healthy, lovable pets in shelters and giving illegal puppy millers money they don't deserve. Some of the biggest mill states are Missouri and Illinois. 

If you adopt from a shelter, you will be getting a healthy pet that you will probably have for years to come. But if you get one from a puppy mill, your pet might have serious, incurable medical issues
Adopt from a shelter and help outlaw puppy mills!

• Peppermint Lemonade

This is a good piece! I feel like this issue is so under investigated/reported. There's no excuse for torturing animals.