Katie B.

Hi! My name is Katie. I am a sixteen years old, and I really enjoy reading and writing. When I'm not daydreaming or playing my violin, you can find me sketching, baking, wake boarding, swimming or skiing.

Hi! I love reading and writing, and I can't wait to keep improving my creative writing skills! In my free time, I like to play the violin, cook, ski, wakeboard, swim, and do art projects.

Ten Thoughts

PROMPT: Your View

1
1. We exist to coexist. We as humans desire to dominate the world around us. Whether it is with other people, weather, or nature, we have the tendency to fight in order to gain status. In the process, we destroy.

2. We say we don't care, which is a lie. In the present day, we have taught ourselves that emotions make you weak. What we don't realize is that emotions make you human.

3. Social media hasn't replaced the sun as the center of the universe. I don't have social media. I'm a human. I'm living a life. End of story.

4. The big picture is overrated. School teaches kids to see the overview, and we slowly forget that without the details, there would be no big picture to study. 

5. You don't have to be noticed to be important. Even if no one sees what you do, you are still making a difference. As long as you know the that impact you made, the opinions of others are insignificant. 

6. We're not immune. We think that nothing can ever penetrate our bubble, and that we will always be safe. But unless we work for change, no one's bubble will remain unpopped.

7. Playing an instrument makes you smarter. It's been proven. So this isn't really an opinion. But I think it.

8. Nature was here first. We've become to careless with our resources. Stephen Hawking predicted that the end of the world will be in 1,000 years. If we start making our planet a priority, then maybe that will change. 

9. We use our eyes too much. Most everyone relies on sight to run their lives. So much so that we forget about the sounds, the smells, or how something feels, on the inside or out.

10. We are scared of immersion. Commitment is scary, but our lack of involvement is becoming ridiculous. We need to stop dipping our toes and learn how to dive in. Whether you have a small drop or an infinite one, you'll hit the water eventually.

1

I deeply agree with 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, and 9. With number 1, I don't think co-exist is the right term, I think work without fighting would be a better term. With number 4, I am home schooled, and I don't have that. I disagree with everything in number 8 except that we are careless. We cannot predict the time of Christ's second coming based on how we treat the plants. On number 10, I can see that even though I don't have that problem.
    Please don't take this as me being rude or forcing my opinion on you. I like your writing and the simple summaries of your thoughts.