1530828582 510915452

Peppermint Lemonade

"I still fall on my face sometimes and I
Can't color inside the lines 'cause
I'm perfectly incomplete
I'm still working on my masterpiece and I
I wanna hang with the greatest gotta
Way to go, but it's worth the wait"

Like if you like! And remember to love and respect your country! :)

10 Reasons Why You Should Respect Your Country (United States)

1
Everywhere I go I hear people putting their country down, saying they hate it, and complaining about every little thing they see wrong with it. In the news, I see people burning flags and refusing to stand while the national anthem is played. It makes me upset to see this lack of appreciation for the place where we were raised. 

Below are ten reason why I think people should respect their country.
  1. Just because you disagree with the politics or government of where you live, doesn't mean you hate your country. The country is the people, the land, and the culture. That's you! Not what's in the media. Without the people, it would just be miles of nothingness. Try to be more specific when you're talking about what you hate. 
  2. If you were born here, then you should respect the place where you were born.
  3. If you are an immigrant, you should respect the country that took you in during your time of need and gave the chance for a better life, and the people who helped you learn about their culture.
  4. Appreciate that you live in a country with one of the highest living standards in the world. Most people here have all the basic necessities of life and lots more (phones, cars, televisions, houses bigger then  their needs, etc.). We really are lucky to be born in a country with such rich resources.
  5. Also value all the great opportunities living here. If you work hard enough you can be anything you want.
  6. By not rising, or placing your hand on your heart when the anthem is played, you are showing disrespect towards the veterans, military, police, firefighters, and paramedics, and all that they've sacrificed to make your country a safer, better place to live. 
  7. "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" --John F. Kennedy
  8. If you're going to complain about your country, why do it with an intolerant attitude? At least, make your complaints civil.
  9. We live in a democratic republic, which means our nation is what we have made it. If you don't like something about it, don't blame your country. 
  10.  Respecting our nation shows that we have integrity and that we love our country. 
I feel that this can apply to many countries around the world, not just United States. 
Most people just don't realize how lucky we are to live in a country with so many liberties, liberties that a lot of people don't have. 

1

• Peppermint Lemonade

Yes, it is. Our country is so much more. Without United States, the world would not be what it is today, and many people wouldn't have the rights or freedoms they don't appreciate now.

• Aravis Tarkheena

It's sad that the media is all people see of our country.