The Rebellious One!

South Africa

"Looks a challenge in the eye and gives it a wink."

- Gina Carey

"I love to see a young girl go out and grab the world by the lapels. Life's a bitch. You've got to go out and kick ass."

- Maya Angelou

I Believe In Me

PROMPT: This I Believe

3
I vaguely remember years ago- my grandmother told me words which will forever be engraved in my mind. Words so simple yet so powerful. Words said in passing yet I carry them with me everyday day in my memory.

My dear old grandmother told me ever so firmly "My biggest wish for you is to see you complete your education, grow up and work, make your own money and never let a man dictate your life!" All of this coming from a woman who never got a chance to go to school in her life yet she believed so much in the power of education. My grandmother's words and her courageous character in life make me believe that I truly am capable of whatever I put my mind to.

That I am powerful beyond measure. Unstoppable. I believe that if I have the power to dream than I also have the power to achieve. A force to be reckoned with. I believe in the power of ME. Just like everyone else should, because in order for other to believe in you, you have to believe in yourself first.