Img 0498

TJ

I am a teen that gets lost in the world of writing and reading. Something I learned and plan on following is... "Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." - Ben Franklin

I would love it if you could let me know if I should make a 2nd story about this, because I could only go up to 1000 words. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!

Crystallized

It was so beautiful... The light shimmered off the walls and of course the queen herself. Her hair was long, brown, and sparkling with power. She reminded me of someone... She looked like.. "Ahhhh!" I screamed and jumped up from the ground. I breathed heavily and ran my hand through my greasy hair. My name is Tanya, and I'm a runaway kid. My mom died when I was 3, and my dad left us. I was put into an orphanage, but I hated it there and I couldn't take it. So... I ran away and never looked back, and that was 3 days ago. I have no money, and only own what I have on right now, jeans, a t-shirt, flip-flops, and a heart locket. Inside the locket was a picture of my mom. I sighed sadly and looked out across the lake. This lake was the place I crashed last night to rest, and I felt so filthy at the moment. I just needed a nice wash, with my clothes on! I know that sounded crazy, but I wasn't planning on taking my clothes off. I just wish my mom was here... We loved the water and we swam all the time... I pushed all of that out of my mind and took my flip-flops off. My feet dug into the soft sand. I looked down into the lake, but for some reason I saw something strange. Something was sparkling at the bottom, and this lake didn't have a very deep bottom. Maybe... 10 feet? I became interested immediatelty and decided to check it out. I was an exellent swimmer and I could definitely swim down 10 feet. My body tingled with anticipation and I finally jumped in, I kicked hard and was able to swim to the murky bottom. A fish swam by and I laughed, my bubbles floated up to the surface. Finally I was in front of it and I gasped. It was a huge crystal! "What in the world is this doing down here?!" I thought quickley in my head. For some reason it seemed like it was calling to me, sending out a kind of energy. Without thinking, I reached out and touched it and suddenley I was surrounded by a ball of light. I screamed, but it was drowned by the sound of the water swirling around myself. Bright, bright, and brighter it got... But I couldn't take it, I was so overwhelmed and then everything went black. Shimmer... Shimmer, shimmer... "Ahhh!" I screamed and sat up quickley, but covered my eyes. Everything around me seemed so bright, and I reached out. Something touched my hand, it was warm. I jerked backward and was about to scream when a hand covered my mouth.

"Dear, please don't scream." A voice whispered quietly. "It's me, your mom." My eyes widened, I couldn't believe it.

I mumbled with her hand on my mouth, "You're lieing!"

"Whoops, sorry." She took her hand off my mouth. "Now what did you say?"

"You're...!" I gasped. "Mom!" I screamed and jumped into her arms. "I thought you were dead!" She sighed quietly.

"I am dead dear." I pulled back confused.

"No you're not..." I said slowly. "Your right here, right now."

She shook her head sadly. "And you're dead, too."

I gasped again, tears coming to my eyes. "Wh-what?"

"It's true dear." My mother said. "To get to this place to be with me, your body had to drown, and your spirt comes here. Please don't cry. I understand that you died, and I went through it, too. But you get to stay with me now, and be the princess."

"I do?" I murmered.

"Of course dear! Now come with me, it's time to show you my kingdom!" We walked out of the room we were in, and into a huge hall.

"Where are we?" I asked my mother.

"We are in the palace dear and it might be bright, but everything is made of crystals." I was about to say something, but she cut me off. "Please wait dear, I need to explain. This place was formed a long time ago by an earthquake, it slid into another dimention. All the people who were in the place at that time turned into crystallized creatures. Those creatures are called Dots. Me and you are the only people who have come here since then. And as you can see, we aren't Dots." I looked down at myself making sure I wasn't covered in crystals, and nodded. "Now, the Dots decided they needed somone to rule over this land and be immortal with them, since they were crystallized. And they didn't want one of their own doing it. So, they took me away. I was angry at first, but they told me that you could come, too at the age of 13, which you are now. I looked up at her, waiting for her to continue. "So they did take you, and you're with me now. Will you stay?" She asked me all of a sudden and looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Are you kidding me?!" I screamed. "Yes!" I jumped into her arms and breathed her in.

She smiled and said, "Well lets continue with the tour." We were hand in hand and walked out of the palace. I sucked my breath in and took in the view. Everything was beautiful. There were different colors that shimmered through valleys and climbed up mountains. Thousands of things moved down in a town. I had a loss of words. My mother just looked at me and smiled. She then continued with what she was saying, "Now, in this world you don't have to eat, and the crystals take forms of things that were in our world before we came here." She was about to continue, but I stopped her.

"Mom I love you and I want to learn about this world, but I just need time to take it in." She nodded, took my hand, and led me back and into the light.