elaine.louise

“Writing is a socially acceptable form of schizophrenia.”
—E.L. Doctorow

Any and all feedback is much appreciated!

What's Happening in Canada

PROMPT: Newsworthy

1
1. Welcoming Syrian Refugees: Last year, Canada took in over 25,000 refugees. They have lived in Canada for almost a year, and are adjusting to the very different and very cold weather. Communities have come together to welcome these refugees, and many churches across the country are currently sponsoring families as they settle in. 

2. Former Dragon's Den star Kevin O'Leary has announced his decision to run for leadership of the Conservative Party. This has caused a lot of controversy, both in the political ring and between voters. Some people have gone so far as to call him the Donald Trump of Canada, while others claim that he is a good candidate and could do great things for the Conservative Party. 

3. Donald Trump has been sworn in as President of the United States, and is already talking about NAFTA negotiations. NAFTA is the North American Free Trade Agreement, and it allows businesses in Canada and the US to exchange goods easily. There is concern that Trump will insist on changing important parts of this agreement that could affect the Canadian economy.

1