Peer Review by David Levitsky (United States of America)()

Feeling

By: Suri Purefoy

Everyhting seemed different then. The sky, the air, the people. Everything had been so much...less. So much, much less valiant and cherishable. Now, everything was more. It almost was a nothing. But nothing is a something. I've experienced it. Felt it soak into my heart and bury itself into my chest, filling me with its... something, whatever that something may be. 

I've felt the emptiness when we didn't have anything, not even a nothing. I've felt the blankness when we didn't know what anything was...what anything could be. We didn't know. 

Then it all changed. That one, one second that flooded through the gales of wind, blowing into our system and filling us with an actual something. 

I felt sorrow. I saw lives flash before my eyes, blinking in and out like a fast-note on the keys on piano. It was painful. It was horrid. I cried for the first time ever. I felt things. I felt.

Then I felt the light. The bubbling, bright white light that streaked warmth into my chilly bones, cleansing me with something that no one had felt before. I felt happiness. I felt joy. 

It was hard at first. I couldn't control, I couldn't breathe. Then it all came clear. 

We needed the sorrow to find the joy.

We needed the pain to feel the happiness. 

We had been so empty, so blank before. Now it was full. 

This is probably makes no sense. Thanks for reading though =) ;)

This was an interesting read that stimulated my curious side and had me questioning what "feeling" was. This piece blends philosophical elements with personal touch to create an intriguing story. The descriptions along the way were vivid and eye catching, making the piece that much more enjoyable. I was confused in some places with what you were trying to say, but as you said in your message, that was kind of what you were going for :) Besides switching persons(I, it, we) somewhat confusingly, the syntax was solid. All in all, this was really cool. I liked how you knew it might not have made sense to readers, but you still decided to post it anyway.