A0f19830b4c2147fcdb6c0f80795925f

Kara Lynn

I'm Kara. Writer. Want-to-be author. Blogger. Fangirl. BBC fanatic. Sherlock and Hobbit lover. Jesus Freak.

Please just tell me if anything sounds confusing or out of place. I'd love to know what you think!

Scarlet

Here I write my last confession - read it well. Who will find my words on these crumbled sheets, I won't see - I just know I must write. 

I am Scarlet, and as I write I am in the land of the prosperous and the undying. It is a place that is almost perfect (or so it seems from the outside). I have not always lived here, but I came by my own will. This place is my destiny. 

I used to live in a world opposite from this one. One that had death and was not perfect. I loved that land, but strangely I do not miss it. 

Two summers past when I was a young maiden, I was hunting in the woods behind my home. It was dawn, and fog rolled over the hills. My parents had just died and I missed them, though I could take care of myself. I did not fear wild animals while hunting for I had my bow.  

I soon a deer close by, and crouching down I slowly readied myself. Without warning a bright light appeared. It shined around me and I was almost blinded. I fell back, the bow falling from my hands. 

A man stood before me, his hair touching his shoulders, and when I stared harder it seemed to glow. 

I wasn't scared and I found that odd. Aren't you supposed to be scared when things appear out of nowhere? 

"I am the Light Bearer," he said solemnly. 

"I don't know of your kind," I replied timidly.  

"I bring the Light to the Darkness." he answered gravely. 

I sat there stupidy. 

"We are few - weakened by the evil hand. You are called." 

"Called?" I had no idea what he was talking about. I reached for an arrow from my quiver before I realized my bow lay on the ground. 

"I mean no harm." The Light Bearer's blue eyes gave me the feeling that he could see straight to my soul. 

"You are called to Asolein - to bring them Light." 

I stared at him blankly.

"Well?" he prodded. 

"I have no worth....I'm not...brave." I finally manged to say.

"You have worth no matter who you are," he replied gently. 

I didn't know how to answer. Something within me stirred and I very much wanted to say yes. Though I didn't feel brave, I nodded. 

"You'll learn your destiny in time " he said smiling. Then he was gone and the Light with him. 

Now everything appeared dark - even the sun didn't match the glory of the Light. The Light Bearerer seemed to have chased away all ominous things. Would I be able to do the same? 

As I was having these thoughts, I found myself appearing in another country and time. I was at a place I had known nothing of before but abruptly did. I was at a train station. Back home I was a shy girl, who had little knowledge, but as I stood there I  clearly saw where I was. 

A train there - glistening in the sunlight. Oddly all was silent. Even odder still - I was wearing queer clothes. A long white skirt and shirt. 

Right then I knew what I should do. On the last boxcar the door was opened, and in the peculiar place it seemed the thing I should be doing. I wasn't afraid as I clamored up - that is until there was a clanging and everything began to move. Quckly it clattered along the tracks, the trees blurring into one green mass. 

My time is running out, reader - I must quicken my story and be brief. 

The train took me in the moutains where I received counsel from the leaders and became a Light Bearer. I learned much in those ten days, things now being silenced by my death. 

Then reader, I was transported into another world - a nameless place - my destiny. I appeared there - a beautiful land where there is no death, for the medical world is advanced. Then the veil was taken from my eyes and I saw total evil. What looked so perfect was so wrong. Death hovered - no matter how hard the people tried, they soon wouldn't be able to defeat it. A black magic had been cast upon their rational thoughts. They no longer wanted The Light.

My mission was fairly simple (or so it seemed at first). I was to warn the people that evil hadn't  been defeated, that Black Magic had crept up on them, and that they must look to The Light. However magic had poisoned their minds, and they'd outlawed Light Bearers. Those found were put to death.

I knew I must first show them I was friend - not a foe, and I did just that. 

As months passed The Light placed within me couldn't be kept hidden. It was growing brighter. Soon people would know. I couldn't be fearful any longer and hold back. 

I crept into the city - preparing myself for the worst. Then I stood on an old cart and yelled out. "I am Light Bearer. Darkness will yield if you turn away from false hopes! Turn to love - not selfish ambitions. Turn to fighting the evil instead of accepting it - accept Light!" 

Now reader you can see why I am here. My body will soon be chopped to bits simply because I came and wished for the people to come with me and defeat the darkness. I will tell you now I am afraid. However I will say that the Light shone bright and maybe some will benefit  from that or my confession.

What confession you may ask?

I'm sorry I didn't come sooner. From my own fright I held off too long.

Oh, they are coming - the soldiers. Their shirts look as if they are made of dragon scails and they gleam in the torchlight. I feel some terror, yet a peace rising. Goodbye and farewell!

Scarlet

• Jenneth LeeD

Heey this is cool! I see the clever allusions peppered throughout. Nicely done!