Inkstained Fingers

15
Aspiring writer and photographer.
Absolutely obsessed with space and the beauty of the night sky.

Joined July 2021

Hey! Welcome to my page! I write a lot - of everything. I've dabbled in poetry, and a lot of different kinds of fiction - mysteries, historical fiction, fantasy, romance and others I don't have space to name. My ideas come from all over the place, often random research for other stories.

I'd be honoured if you'd read some of my work and let me know what you think of it!

It had to come out sometime...

1
It's that time of year. Everyone on here from the UK will probably know what I'm getting at. Just coming out of the back of December mocks and we're already gearing up for March mocks whilst simultaneously preparing for the real thing. And of course there are my A-Levels to pick.

And of course if I don't pick the right ones, I'm jeopardizing my future.
I've heard that so many times this past month and a half.

I have the same time from now until I leave school, as has passed between when I started studying for the exams this year and now. And as far as I'm concerned, I started GCSEs basically yesterday. Where did those years go?

Am I the only one who feels like I'm being swept along by the current only a few metres from the edge of a waterfall? It's like I'm just being carried away struggling to keep my head up let alone actually swim. 

The teachers say we're ramping up now for life. And I'm like, I'm sorry?! Life already started. And believe it or not, time's keeping going and frankly inside I'm still the nervous seven-year-old who started at this school for the first time almost eight years ago. I haven't really changed. How can you expect me to be making these massive decisions that will basically decide what I do with my life for the foreseeable future? 

When's the pace going to slow? When am I going to feel in control again - or is being totally out of control just a part of life? Seriously, anyone know the answers?

Who was it anyway who decided we take GCSEs at 15 or 16 and A-Levels at 17 or 18? 

I have this horrible feeling that time is rushing me headlong into something I won't be able to get out of. Anyone else ever feel like that?
...see title.