yapyapxy

Senior Peer Reviewer
the world is wide enough

I had fun doing this, hope you enjoyed reading it as well. Favourite, comment, or review to let me know what you thought of it! It'd make my day enormously. And if this made you smile, I'm glad it made yours.

Me, in Lyrics

PROMPT: Mixtape

2
Some songs, you connect with inexplicably. Here are some of mine:

1. How Far I'll Go -- from Moana, sung my M Auli'i Cravalho (this literally made me cry. It articulated so well what I didn't even know I felt. Thank goodness movie theatres are dark.)
The part about feeling drawn to something for some unknown reason, that part hit me hard.
"Every turn I take/Every trail I track/Every path I make/Every road leads back to the place I know/Where I cannot go/Where I long to be/See the light where the sky meets the sea/It calls me"

2. When We Were Young -- Adele (old souls, anyone?)
It was raw, it was touching.
"It was just like a movie/It was just like a song/My God, this reminds me/Of when we were young"

3. Tomorrow -- from Annie
This kind of reminded me of Anne of Green Gables, one of my favourite childhood books.
"When I'm stuck with a day that's grey and lonely/I just stick up my chin and grin and say oh/The sun will come out tomorrow/So you got to hang on 'til tomorrow, come what may!/Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you tomorrow/You're always a day away"

4. New York, New York -- Frank Sinatra 
"I wanna wake up, In a city that doesn't sleep./.../If I can make it there,/I'll make it anywhere./It's up to you, New York, New York."

5. Gasoline -- Halsey
Kind of a dark song, spooky but mindful.
"Well my heart is gold, and my hands are cold"

6. Disenchanted -- My Chemical Romance
Painfully honest.
"It was the roar of the crowd/That gave me heartache to sing./It was a lie when they smiled/And said, "You won't feel a thing." "

7. Fourth of July -- Fall Out Boy
Electric, powerful, poignant.
"It was the fourth of July/You and I were, you and I were fire, fire, fireworks/That went off too soon/.../I said I’d never miss you/But I guess you never know/May the bridges I have burned light my way back home./On the fourth of July"

8. Faded -- Alan Walker
Poetic, haunting.
"You were the shadow to my light/Did you feel us?/Another star/You fade away"

9. Your Love's Like -- Sabrina Carpenter
It was stuck on loop in my head for one entire week, and I had to catch myself from singing it out loud.
"Your love's like breathing in the salty air/Of summer on a private island just for me"

10. We'll Be The Stars -- Sabrina Carpenter (okay so maybe I'm a hopeless romantic)
My teacher once told me I liked to build castles in the air.
"No, we're never gonna turn to dust,/Yeah, all we really need is us/Don't be scared to close your eyes/No, we're never gonna die, we'll be the stars"

11. Leaving California -- Maroon 5 
It was the soulful melody that got to me more than anything. 
"Even if the sun crashes into us/I won't let go, I won't let go"

12. We Don't Talk Anymore -- Charlie Puth
A story applicable to my life, unfortunately.
"We don't talk anymore/Like we used to do"

Hmm. My, music lists really say a lot about a person. Can I just add, I am a fan of Taylor Swift and the Vamps but this mixtape was what made my heart go, unlike songs I like or sing to.

• December 24, 2016 - 11:29am (Now Viewing)

• lamonnaie

So many of these songs make me feel things too.