1525106 202951456575410 1352674268 n

Sunshine Rose Writer

I have a thought process as rigorous as the most treacherous mountains in the world. Long car rides are my preferred setting for sitting down to write. I was born a writer, but I will die an author.

These are the first two paragraphs of a novel I began writing when I was fifteen. It told the story of a young girl who had just graduated from high school, and her parents surprised her with a trip to London for her graduation. While in London, she falls in the path of a prince who begins to fall in love with her. I recently recovered the work from an old flash drive. I was only a few pages in when I lost my flash drive and the work was left forgotten. At this point, I'm not sure what can be down with the novel, but let me know what you think.

Floridian Sunrise

1

It was the break of dawn, and Brooklyn Meyers sat gazing out her bedroom window admiring the beauty of the sunrise.  The sky was a fluorescent swirl of orange and blue, with the faintest hint of purple streaking across it.  Brooklyn watched as the sun rose, adding gold to the mix of colors, its blinding light breaking through the puffy white clouds that blotted the sky and shedding light over the beautiful beach below.  Waves came rolling in from the ocean and crashed along the surf, sending up a foamy white spray of seawater.

Brooklyn loved her home here in Orlando, Florida, and she had originally planned to spend the entire summer at its beaches riding waves and soaking up the rays of the bright yellow sun that shone in the sky all summer long.  Of course, that was before she had received her graduation present from her parents: an all-expenses-paid trip to London for the entire summer!  Brooklyn had hardly been able to believe what she was hearing when her parents first told her.  It was just too good to be true.

1