Grace2Write

I'm Haelie - a book loving, dog loving 15 year old. I am learning German, and also like to crochet.
My writing bestie is hannahz!
Year 11
ISFJ-T
Bookworm
Poet
Curly Girl
Thunderbirds Are Go!
Adore HTTYD & Narnia soundtracks

Sadness.

Written Nov 25 2021

Year Ten, Farewell

7
Dear Year Ten, 

I am glad we could spend today side by side. When I arrived to meet you this morning, my friend and I both vowed to make the most of our last Friday with you. We vowed that it would be a day to remember. It was. Maybe not to others, but to us, it was amazing. 

You stood by me this morning as I *modrocked my Japanese spider crab in Design Technology.  Together we bandaged the cracks lining its shell, then straightened the legs until it could stand on its own. Year Nine helped me start the crab, and you helped me finish it. Maybe Year Eleven will help me with the paint design. I guess I‘ll have to wait and see. 

This afternoon you swung a tennis racket with me in PE. Sometimes we missed the ball, and then we would resolve to get the next serve. And we would. Together we painlessly touched our toes and tested our improving physical flexibility. You smiled as my friend tried to unsuccessfully copy me. 

Now we sit together on the bus, gazing out the window. The trees move so fast, flashing by. We stare at my IPhone, pretending that we can‘t hear the younger kids calling my name. I‘m going to miss this. 

Please wave to me as I head off to orientation on Monday. I am a little scared about starting at a new school. You always told me Year Eleven would eventually call me up, but time went so fast and now I have to leave you. On Tuesday night we can be partners once more at Formal. I might need some help doing my hair. 

Thank you for staying with me for this year. We work well as a pair, and I am sad to leave you. But somehow, I think Year Eleven has a lot in store for me. I will tell them all about the memories I have of you, and then Year Eleven and I will make new ones. Give my regards to those moving up. Help them as you have helped me. 

Sincerely, 

Haelie

This is a just a rambling of my mind. I‘m not sure how much sense it makes… I am off to Year Eleven orientation next week at a new school, and am a little sad to be finishing at my current school. Meh, doesn‘t matter. I hope someone enjoys this.

*Modrock - a plaster bandage that is used for modelling, casting and crafting.

• December 7, 2021 - 5:47am (Now Viewing)

• ~ antara.k ~

This, gosh, the personification and all of it gives such a wholesome look. I love the letter format! I'm starting eleventh grade too in a couple of months and everything you wrote feels so real. It's really great:)

• Helena

Re: Thanks Haelie!!
    Also, I only just noticed that you put me on your 'message from writer' board! That means a lot, thank you so much! (I don't have anything on my message from writer yet, but I might do something like yours if it's ok!! XD)
    I love all your writing - they never fail to put a smile on my face, so thank you <3

• KanjiKat

Re: Thanks

• Holy_Grail

Lovely!

• Helena

Wow Haelie, that was so good! It was really emotional and your connection to your year 10 experiences is evident. I also loved the personification of your year. Great job!!