Asun wattpadd

Madz Mac

Hi, my names Maddy and I'm a fifteen year old from Australia. Ever since I was a little girl I have loved reading, writing, dancing and fangirling. I write stories every Friday afternoon at a Writer's Club I joined last year.

Always remember kids... Don't do math!!!

It's Come for Daddy

PROMPT: Other World

1

A ray of moonlight shone on the digital clock as it flicked from 12:00 to 12:01. A little girl roused from her slumber by some insignificant force, hovered about her bedroom window having long ago given up the prospect of sleep. She stared intently as the wind batted the trees about with a cruel ferocity. Blue dressing gown wrapped tight around her, she rested on the window sill. Watching, waiting. She didn’t know what for, she just couldn’t sleep. The wind blew a final blast showering her in icy air, then it stopped. An abrupt silence seemingly spilled into the yard from an unknown source. And then the figure appeared. It wasn’t a sudden flash but more of a gradual appearance. A billowing grey cloak surrounded his seemingly shapeless body and he slowly drifted towards the window. The little girl quick to notice the change, froze, unable to move she closed her eyes and whispered softly to herself. “It’s come for Daddy.”

Pinned down by her terror she fell asleep and woke up in her soft bed once more. Maybe it was a dream, or maybe her mother had moved her. She never asked. 

Hi, so just in case there's any confusion I said its come for Daddy because my Mum told me that if you didn't go to sleep before midnight a witch would come and get you. My Dad had been up gaming all night, so my six year old logic said, hey its coming to get Dad cos he didn't go to sleep early enough. 

2