Dg67ibxfuzu2bmsbou5sqs6h3.498x416x1

Suri Purefoy

Hey there! I love writing, reading, watching movies, smelling rain, cooking, babysitting, watching leaves turn colors in autumn, laughing, and hanging out with friends and family.
Have a great day, and keep writing!

Something I wrote randomly and for fun. I would appreciate feedback and love to hear what you think! Thanks for reading! =)

White Waves

0

Steady, lasping blue and foamy white waves crash up against the rocky shorline. The rocks stand tall and firm, jutting out of the barely visible sand. Black and dark brown water stains stand on the rocks' sides where the ocean waves have slapped against it, splashing up onto the rocks. The blue water clams, slowly moving like a current of soliders marching to war. The weapons rise, the soliders run, smashing into their enemy. The waves create a loud splash as they collide with the rocks' sides. 

The salty water stings my nostrils, making them flare slightly at the sudden smell and reaction. A small smile spreads across my face as I watch the water from where I stand on one of the  higher rocks. The high-tide approaches, splashing foamy water onto my flip-flops and toes. I look up from the water and gaze into the artwork in front of me. 

The sun is setting, lowering itself behind the ocean and its steady lasping. Pink and orange shadows cascade themselves over the water's surface. The ocean sparkles whererever the sun's dying rays hit the surface, bouncing off and reflecting little gleeming balls that glitter like diamonds. 

I can feel the warmth of the sun decreasing as I watch the ball of bright light slowly roll over the water in one little wave. Now all I see if a few rays that faintly light the last little bit of ocean that they reach out to. 

I breathe in once more, smelling the salty tang of sea. Savoring the beatiful smell, I hold my breath as I walk down the rocks to my jeep, cilmb in the driver's seat, and drive away.