Images %285%29

Kallie Moe

Kallie is a Christian, home schooled teenager. She loves math and she loves to sing and play instruments. She has lived in Utah all her life.

This is the beginning of a story I wrote. Tell me if it sounds real enough.

An Invitation

1

The bell rang. I took my homework and placed it inside my folder.

The folder was a purple one with glitter and stickers all over the front that Honey had made for me. She had a matching blue one with her name plastered all over the front. I smiled at the memory.

Slinging my bag over my shoulder, I headed towards the door.

“Elaine” I cringed. I hated it when people called me by my real name.

“Yes Ms. Frist?” I looked at my odd teacher with frizzy brown hair and glasses that made her eyes look huge.

She gave me one of her crazy smiles and handed me a yellow slip of paper. I scanned the paper to make sure it wasn’t extra homework. It said: A SPECIAL LUNCH FOR SOME SPECIAL STAR STUDENTS!!!! The paper was covered in exclamation points and smiley faces.

“Uh, thanks, Ms. Frist” I opened my folder wide enough to slip the paper inside.

“So I will see you on Saturday?”

“Sure.”

She smiled widely “You have a good afternoon.”

“Yeah, I guess so…” I said under my breath

Honey was waiting for me outside the doorway. “What is it?” she said impatiently tugging at the corner of my folder.

“An invitation for some stupid lunch thing.” she snatched it out of my hand and read it.

“She’s having four straight A students over for lunch on Saturday."

“Yippee!” I said sarcastically.

“What, she’s not that bad.” I smiled. Honey was always defending people.

I noticed Ryan Delany waving another yellow paper around to show his friends. He was a boy that sat across from me in English.  I pointed him out to Honey and she blushed.
    “Do you think he saw me?” she smoothed back her hair.

“Nah, he’s too busy showing his friends his invitation.” I winked at her. I was one of the only ones she had dared to share her secret crush with.