Applecharm11 Starhorse

Hi! I love writing about animals, fantasy and just expressing myself through words. 'A painting paints a thousand words' so why not a thousand words form a painting?

Hi! I write for hobby and for escaping troubles. I love to write as I get to 'live through' the stories I improvise on the spot. It makes me able to feel and be someone else in a world where I can change anything.I hope my words can make a difference

Autumn's Symbol

Something seems so magical about Autumn. Although my own country never experienced the seasons, it was breath taking to see the sight upon international travel. The air dropping in degrees, but yet maintaining a light warmth as sun now funneled through the gaps in which were covered by canopy.

The majestic crown of leaves now crisp warm colours of yellow, orange and red. All piled now at the bottom, raining in a slow wind dance, spiraling to the now cold stone floor. The stillness, the hushed chirps of bird nestled in their beds of sticks. The atmosphere and feeling of the world slowing down, in preparation for slumber. The slight breeze like slow breaths, as the world closes its eyes, leaves speckled in brown colours drifting to join in upon this enormous bed. I don't know. Something feels wonderful about watching them fall, all in a spray of clusters. Groups are broken as each is blasted in a fall of its own.

Something about it seems to soothe me. To sprinkle specks of hope upon my soul.

To see the groups, the hierarchies and the ranks, break apart from the wind. To see them all wander across chilly air, finding their own path before joining their brethren upon the floor.

To know despite how large or beautiful they have grown, how big groups they have formed within, to see them all fall all the same... makes me remember I'm not alone. That everyone falls.

I feel Autumn is a better symbol for hope than Spring. Spring is merely a happy awakening. But it is something not everyone can claim and enjoy. But Autumn? Everyone falls. Everyone will get blown away, to take a tumble and face confusion, fighting to find their own way.

Autumn is a reminder that we all fall. But when all seems to die, wilt, and curl up to hide, it is not the end. Winter rolls past, trampling over what was once alive, leaving it barren and dead. But after, comes Spring, in which everyone can rise from their fall, blooming from their death.

The end, is never the end. Whats falls, can reappear once again, becoming something beautiful.

And that is the lesson Autumn symbolizes, and in it, I find solace.

• December 2, 2016 - 9:15am (Now Viewing)