ava_grace

Est: 6/2/2021
Ambivert
Disney fanatic
Daughter of Poseidon
Ravenclaw
The Owl House stan
Clarinetist
LGBTQ+ ally
Activist
Happiest when creative
HUGE bookworm
HoPEleSS rOManTiC
(Hopefully one day) bestselling author

This was inspired by the characters in the novel I'm writing. (Maybe this will grasp others into reading it???)

What the Caravan Carried

The caravan had been laying in the garage yard for years, waiting to be driven again.  Then someone came along and rode it across the US.  Then more members joined the party.  And they were comfortable.  The layers of paint, the awnings, the loft, the kitchen, the couches, it had everything a family could need.  It was a home for the road.

The 21-year-old carried a journal and a Polaroid camera to document her journey.  She had been through it through the years; she was ready for solitude, but not the loneliness she had been enduring.  No, it was a freeing solitude.  Free of judgment, of conformity.  Maybe her life was over, but at least she would spend the rest of it a little happier than she recently had been.  

The 15-year-old carried dried leaves and a notebook full of ideas.  She held her head high, for no one could control her.  It was her life, her gift, and she would use it how she wanted to.  She was never ashamed of herself, but she was hiding one thing.  And if anyone found out, she would go back to the one place she wanted to leave behind forever.

The retriever wore his collar with pride.  He had been abandoned, mistreated by the universe.  But then she came along.  He trusted her immediately, and she knew that.  He could sense her like she was peanut butter.  He knew everything she was feeling, and how to react.  He loved her.  She took him away from the forest and into a new life.  For that, he was forever grateful.

The pitbull puppy carried a past of running away, but she wasn't alone.  As they say, dogs of a litter roam together.  And she carried the weight of her brother.  Literally, he would randomly lay on her, that hadn't changed.  Neither had the fact that they were still on the road, but now they weren't fighting to survive.  They had comfort and a loving family.  Though her sibling still annoyed her.  Nonetheless, she adored her brother; and as long as they weren't separated, she would carry happiness with her through life.

He carried around his teddy bear.  It was his favorite toy.  He hoped the retriever didn't mind his adopting the bear.  It was his best friend.  He loved his new home, it was so much better than the streets.  He used to be scared a lot, but at least he had his sister.  He knew that if they stayed positive, good things would come.  And they did.  Now he could spend his days just playing with his sister and eating treats.
Word Count: 438

• September 25, 2021 - 10:39am (Now Viewing)

• watermelons_words

Re: I will :D

• watermelons_words

Re: (.v.)
    I know, I know. But it’s true!
    Aww, thanks! I didn’t feel quite right putting friend without consulting you, so I’m glad you’re good with it,

• watermelons_words

(-,-)

• watermelons_words

Lol - my teachers had us remember the symbols for each part of the coordinate plane by making owls

• watermelons_words

(O_O)

• watermelons_words

* *
    v

• watermelons_words

=•

• SnowLeopard06

Re: Yeah, spin-offs are cool. Is the one your thinking of doing a backstory? Because that's always what any I think of for my book end up being.
    Sorry for not replying for so long.
    Also, do you have any advice for being stuck? 'Cause I am. Which was probably obvious from the question...
    It's like, I know what happens next, I just can't write it for some reason. I've literally figured out every other part of the plot, for the most part, even bits for potential future books, but I just can't get this part for some reason.

• watermelons_words

=)

• watermelons_words

=o=

• stories for when you need an escape

this is good!! you managed to capture every empowering personality in a single paragraph
    especially love the one about the golden retriever where you partially personified him <3

next part is here!

• watermelons_words

@o@

• rosie_

This is great! <3

• watermelons_words

*o*

• ✧♬TwinklingLights♬✧

re: lol not even close
    basically it's "a gargantuan ton of wonder stared at me right in the face" or something like that lol

• watermelons_words

O>O

• watermelons_words

0.o

• watermelons_words

Re: Thanks!
    :$

• watermelons_words

Re: XD

• watermelons_words

Re: :P

• watermelons_words

:(

• watermelons_words

Re: :o yup

• watermelons_words

Re: :D

• watermelons_words

Re: :)

• thebookishfey

re: haha, thanks! i love some wholesome romance

• watermelons_words

Re: Thank you! I should probably slow down, but who cares? Thanks again!
    Ah, okay! Thank you for sharing your experiences (how many times can I say thank you in one comment?)
    My parents would kill me if I ever lost my phone for good… I probably wouldn’t get a new one, honestly.

• watermelons_words

Re: Can’t say I blame you; that would be rough!

• BizzleWrites

Re: YES.

• watermelons_words

Re: Oh no! I’m glad you found it. :)

• sophiacriesoverabook

re- thank you sm!
    I love the nostalgia this piece has! so good <3

• watermelons_words

e: Ooh, that sounds nice! I was bad about YouTube too, but then my school shut it down for mobile devices, so I guess that solves that problem…
    Mine was okay! Just a bit boring; not much happened. Which, I mean, it could be worse, since nothing bad happened!

• watermelons_words

Re: So, random question, but how’s your day going? (Or how did it go?)

• watermelons_words

Re: Yup, school isn’t too great sometimes…
    Ah, fair enough! I might have to look into it.

• watermelons_words

Re: I wish that I had enough time to binge watch stuff; those three days were amazing. I’ve heard good things about Amphibia - do you like it? (I mean, I’m assuming you do, since you’re excited for season 3…)

• watermelons_words

Re: Fair enough! I was slightly (by which I mean totally) obsessed when COVID hit, so I binged watched the entire last season in like three days.
    That kind of makes sense why you stopped, though! Maybe your subconcious told you that it thought that there was no point... hmmm... can subconciouses think?

• watermelons_words

Re: Me too - I love watching people go from bad to good.
    Side note - have you watched the She-ra remake? 'Cause there's a really good redemption arc in it, but I don't want to spoil it for you if you ever DO watch it.

• watermelons_words

Re: Mhm, I love how he's made out to be this big bad guy and then he's just a sarcastic jerk who teams up with the protagionist. But he did have a great redemption arc.

• watermelons_words

Re: I feel like Frozen ll was sadder and not as funny, but the plot was better. And the songs were better, but harder to sing along with. So... I guess they're about the same? Moana's still my favorite Disney princess though.

• watermelons_words

Re: Thanks!
    Haha, that sounds awesome! My science teacher just turned on a Disney greats playlist one day, and we all just sang along.

• watermelons_words

Re: HMMMMMMMM
    Shockingly, the songs don’t annoy me either! I guess it’s just Disney being Disney…

• red-dust-rose

re: No, it isn't. I just really ended up hating writing long-form novel-like stories. My skills don't lie in the fantasy genre. But thanks for reading my new piece.

Love this, by the way.

• SnowLeopard06

Re: Thanks! And you can definitely make it past forty pages! I believe in you (also, it sounds really interesting, judging from this piece inspired by it)
    I was going to write something else, but I forgot again, so...yeah. Good luck with writing!
    I feel like this was a really weird comment

• watermelons_words

Re: Oh my goodness YES! I’ve started watching it probably six times but never made it past the first like three episodes for some reason, and then I DID and it’s so worth it! His arc IS really awesome… I’m only on the second season (I’m really behind on shows -), and I’m really hoping he gets some redemption! Even if not, I could listen to Ready as I’ll Ever Be all day.

• watermelons_words

Re: Ah, no worries! I’m currently trying to watch a Tangled TV show that my five-year-old self would be absolutely thrilled by…

• watermelons_words

Re: Haha, my parents get onto me about reading kid’s books still, but hey, I like Rick Riordain! (Although apparently I can’t spell his last name…)

• watermelons_words

Re: Fair enough!

• watermelons_words

Re: Thanks! It’s a good book series - a little young, very funny, slightly gory.

• watermelons_words

Re: Thank you!

• SnowLeopard06

Re: Sorry, wrong link, this is the updated one, sorry
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1taZPiaV_I1s3O5EPialFbaN14GY9iOyC2cGPAjpTg6I/edit?usp=sharing

• SnowLeopard06

Re: Thank you! I'm really close to the end, definitely over 3/4s done, and I think I'll actually finish it. So, since you want to beta read my unfinished, unedited book that's probably completely random and all over the place (just to warn you), here's the link. It should work with anyone with the link, I changed the settings. Good lick comprehending it. :)
    Also, I really like your piece, now I want to read your book, I've never actually read too many books about roadtrips, or even been on one, but it sounds interesting.

• watermelons_words

Re: Well, it’s the small things, right?

Re: Totally!

• watermelons_words

Re: :0
    Mind blown

• watermelons_words

Wait, I just saw the message board. So just ignore me

• watermelons_words

Hmm, do I sense the start of your road trip story?
    Re: They really are, considering how they hold us together! I’m sure you would rock this prompt :)

• HighEntropy

This is super noice!
    Re: thanks