kaylasghost

United States Minor Outlying Islands

15
bi panic <3
writes less poetry and more messes of words too late at night

i read "Mountain Dew Commercial Disguised as a Love Poem" by Matthew Olzmann and it is completely fgklfkldfjsakfdldf, i highly highly recommend it.
i wrote this cus i read that, and it's not as poetic as my other pieces but i'm okay with that.

also, reminder to eat today if you haven't yet, and drink enough water, and screw school your mental health is more important, okay?

lots of love,
kayla <3

and when you're exhausted and you're lonely, and the sadness begins to appear| know that somewhere, there are people who love the idea that you're here

29
a list of reasons why i love you on purpose:

i. because you've got a scar on your knuckles from the time you fell when i raced you down a hill, and it turns purple when you're stressed. 

ii. because you say you're the bare-minimum of good, but i once watched you run into waist-high water to give a little kid his shoe back, i watched you get so excited over your brothers, i watched you love people so fiercely, i don't think there's a better person i know.

iii. because once, i hadn't eaten for three days straight and you handed me your favorite bowl for dinner and told me why you loved it, because you pressed it in my hands before i could say no.

iv. because you've read every inch of Crush by Richard Siken, and you write underneath poems what they remind you of, or just curse words, and either way you leave little bits of yourself in the pages. 

v. because i drink chai tea almost every day now because i tried it once after you told me how much you loved it, and i loved it too.

vi. because you messed up measuring flour one time when we baked chocolate chip cookies, and it's been nearly half a year but i still smile every time i think about it. 

vii. because your favorite color is red because of a quote you read by kait rokowski, but you also love sage green and purple and it changes all the time.

viii. because you read poetry out loud on our bedroom floors, and that's my favorite thing to do with you. 

ix. because every time you open a tangerine you offer me a slice.

x. because i tried the other day to think of my life without you, and i couldn't. 

friendship isn't a lesser sort of love, and i effing hate that whole idea yk?

also, the title is a line from "petrichor" by tea, one of my fav songs <3

• September 24, 2021 - 2:54am (Now Viewing)

• lucida

ahh i love this!! would it be okay with you if I used this as a prompt one day?

• thebookishfey

i loved this and I completely agree about friendship not being a lesser love!

• The_Sunrise_Queen

this is absolutely amazing.

amazing. honestly "because every time you open a tangerine you offer me a slice." was my fav idk why XD great work!

hey i wrote a piece based on this, thank you for the wonderful prompt!! <3

• Odyssey

Love this!

re: you're so sweet ty love! the idea that people look up to me gives me the best feeling in the world lol so ty haha! and yayy i'm working on a piece rn inspired by this :))

• ava_grace

Yes! Loving your friends is just as (if not more) important as romantic love!

• løne wølf

beautiful beautiful beautiful <3 my heart is full.
    i might use this as a prompt one day, if that's okay with you?

• watermelons_words

Re: Thank you!
    You're welcome! Ir's a really amazing piece! <3 <3

ahhh this is stunning, this makes me so full of warmth and a wild sort of happiness. you never cease to amaze me! one of the best things i've read in a long time. may i use this as a prompt??

• watermelons_words

Wow! I'm going to copy SunV here, but may I use this as a prompt?

This is so beautiful Kayla!! And now I'm feeling inspired to write something for my best friend <3 Can I, using your format? I'll credit you of course

• Halopoet

OH MY GOD THIS IS SO BEAUTIFUL!

• nervousbibliophile

love between friends needs to be talked about more. and this communicates that so well!

• rosie_

WOW! This is STUNNING. GORGEOUS!!!!!! HOW do you have such talent at 15?!

• Chai Tea

Every time I see you've posted, I like it immediately! I can't point out a particular thing I love about this piece, just that it's raw and emotional and beautiful.
    How are you going, Kayla? Where did you draw inspiration for this piece from?