Alexiss

Truth in a World of Lies

0

Recognizing the truth in a world of lies is like searching for a needle in a hay stack. While traveling along this road called life, you will come across many truths and also many lies. When you turn sixteen, you usually have many expectations, at least I did. You look forward to getting your license and finally being in your second year of high school and not being at the bottom of the totem pole. But honestly, being sixteen is just like being fifteen until you turn sixteen and a half because that's when you can finally get your license. The truth is, having your license gets old after awhile and being a sophomore isn't as near as exciting as we all thought it would be the year before. I wish that when you turned sixteen, people would treat you as an adult instead of when you are eighteen because it gives you more time to adjust to the adult world. I wish that all terminal illnesses didn't exist. No, I'm not talking about just a simple cold or a flu bug going around, I'm talking about cancer and incurable diseases around the world. I wish that humans didn't get sold for sex everyday, that people weren't getting murdered as we speak, and that a child isn't getting raped every ten minutes. Although these things will most likely never stop, they are all things that I wish didn't exist and they are all things that this world would do so much better without.

1