løne wølf

she/her | INFJ-T | ravenclaw

marvel fanatic
theatre geek
selenophile
daughter of poseidon
professional essay speedrunner

save me your prayers

time capsules are pretty cool

lilies

11
dear past me,

nearly six years, huh? I am still friends with most of the people you listed. unfortunately, I can't call all of them my "bffs"; you'll learn why in a year or two. as for the crush you call a "bff"? don't get the delusion that claims you're his friend into your head. you're really just creeping him out.

my favorite sport is tennis. I started playing against my will, but I've recently learned to enjoy it. and yes, capture the flag is still one of my favorite games. what's more fun than competing against your classmates to steal plastic chickens from each other?!

I, too, am interested in being an author and a doctor. unfortunately, I don't think we'll be able to do both. even now I'm not sure what field I truly want to get into. I'm being influenced by friends and family to get into certain careers, but I deeply want to be able to choose that for myself.

life isn't just about getting 100% on your tests. making mistakes is part of the process. though it may feel horrible to see those big x's on your work, you'll learn from them, and that's what's most important.

I have some unfortunate news, though: I haven't gotten that dream house and yard you drew for me. haha, your expectations are a tad too high. I don't think I'll be able to achieve that until at least college, which isn't for another few years.

stay strong! stay gold.

sincerely,
j
response to a third-grade time capsule

september 13th, 2021

• September 21, 2021 - 7:19am (Now Viewing)

• ~rain~

wow, this is so relatable… finding your career field is such a hard choice when there’s billions of incredible things you can do. don’t stress over it, you’ll figure it out one day :)

• julia*

this is such a good idea!! i enjoyed this piece itself so so much!!

• Carmen1919

This is a really amazing thing to do. I will have to do this during my sophomore year to me when I was in 6th grade. I really enjoyed reading it.

• A. Penderwick

Ohhh, I love the idea of actually writing a response to a letter from third grade! That's so sweet!