Eblinn

Belgium

currently
17

i hold on to quotes for my dear life.
i hope you have a wonderful day <3

I wreck words very carefully until I don't know their meaning anymore

zeventien

PROMPT: [Insert Age]

23
Maybe it's not that hard to guess, but zeventien means seventeen in my language. The only reason I put this as the title is because I thought this would be a fun change from the other ones. But the reason I am seventeen years old right now is because I was born once, then the earth kept spinning around the sun, and now I am stuck in this particular universe with these particular expectations for my age.
 I am now at an age I have always feared. Seventeen year olds seemed so tall, so grown up and so close to adulthood to me as a child. I am not tall (genetics, I suppose); sometimes I look back at myself from even a week ago and I feel like I'm looking back at the mind of a child (character development, I hope); and I'm in my final year of high school, so I will make the decision that will probably shape my further life as an adult very soon (the school system, I curse).
 Being seventeen feels like flying through time, yet wasting and losing almost every day. I have no idea how I'm going to become a person in the real world or how I'm going to find a purpose in my existence. I'm unsure about a lot of things, if not everything, in my life.
 I don't want to grow up. While I have to realize that I am going to, I tend to blissfully ignore that fact. Actually, I'm doing it right now: me writing these thoughts down immortalizes my seventeen year old self. Yes, I'll be forever zeventien in the memories in my head in my language. And I'll be forever seventeen in these words, in the language we all share our teenage experiences with, from all over the world.
First published: 09/11/2021

• Wretched Backpain

this is good. more than good, it embodies hope and yet fear, determination and uncertainty. it makes you wonder whether life was meant to have such emotional duality or is it merely intrinsically complex due to our own actions. either way involuntary or not this piece was good.

• Emily Jasmine

Re: It really is amazing. So heartbreaking though — I can’t tell you how much it made me cry.

Amazing writing! Congrats on wednesday words :)

This is so beautiful! I love the poetic voice and how you've structured it-- great job, and congratulations on Wednesday Words!

This is gorgeous! Congrats on Wednesday Words!!

• Emily Jasmine

Thank you so much!

It’s so hard to choose one favourite, but I love (and was broken by) The Kite Runner and also A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini. Also I love Everything I Never Told You. Salt to the Sea is amazing too!

• Emily Jasmine

I love this piece so much, you’ve perfectly described how it feels to be seventeen.
    You’re such a talented writer <3

Also I LOVE The Secret Life of Bees, I read it recently and fell completely in love with it