Paisley Blue

they/them | 6.2.2020
genderfluid | christian

On a more serious note, today is the 20th anniversary of the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center, the day known as 9/11. So many people died, it was the cause of so much fear. And still, people came together and saved lives, did what they could for the community. In honor of all the lives lost, please do something kind for someone today. Show love. Together we are stronger.
Love you all <33

reclaimed appreciation | amazing holy cupcakes

21

it dawns on me,
as the fly lands on the curtain and
the sun takes a smoke break behind a shadow,
that i want to leave this all behind.
impressions familiar on contact;
i recognize this life through my fingertips.

i am not a person to despise.
i am not a person to despise.
and if i say it enough times, the walls pronounce it true.

there’s a message on my hand in bleeding pen,
an oath to appreciate the mundane.
i scrub it away with a twinge of remorse and
turn my gaze upon the layers of dust on the mirror.
is it a sin to loathe the known? i’ve grown dull
along with the peeling paint on the ceiling.

the sun bathes the trees in gold again
and i reclaim the meaning of holy in the shadows.
through a hidden vantage point i marvel
at the world i refused.
9.6.2021

if ur confused about the title blame pyrrhic 

1

• rwong

woahhhh holy wowww ell!!! blow me away every time, why don't you. at the rate of this, imma be living on the other end of the universe by the time the year is over. (ok im sorry if that made no sense loll) but the lines "is it a sin to loathe the known? i’ve grown dull / along with the peeling paint on the ceiling." and "there’s a message on my hand in bleeding pen, / an oath to appreciate the mundane." ajsdl;kfja;slkfjdsal omggg absolutely genius and amazinggg jas;df ahhhh love this piece so so so much!!
    how have you been, ell? haven't caught up over here in a while :) a letter's headed your way! (and mir's!) luv you, as always <3 <3

re: that transcription is insane... it doesn't feel real, reading it, and yet i can picture the people's voices... how were they all able to remain so calm!? what they did was so heroic. <3

• solarflair

re: doing good. way too tired from tennis tho lol. it was like 100 degrees.. even more on the court. my tan is insane now.

• !snapcracklepop!

and i oop:

Jaw-dropping

re: yes, yes, please send me that transcripted conversation... must have been heartwrenching, confusing, and scary to actually witness such tragedy. and to be courageous in those moments! we are lucky.
    oh! how exciting! my blue will be a flying person haHA that just makes sense. and an understudy for one of the main roles! happy for you!
    my day has been good... i finally finished my article and kinda proud of it. tuesday is a process meeting where i get edits back from my editors and then friday it goes to copy with the print editions being folded next monday and then finally distributed next tuesday. but the article should be on the website a bit sooner, so I'll definitely let you know when its up. my first one! eeeee. anyway. got lunch with my tennis team and did a team-building thing and then rn I'm working on my movie review which sadly isn't coming together that easily. <3<3

• kaylasghost

also, re: thank you!! i looked up Kintsugi and i love it so so much, ty for sharing it <3

• kaylasghost

YOU ARE SO TALENTED PAISLEY I DO NOT HAVE WORDS- "there’s a message on my hand in bleeding pen,/ an oath to appreciate the mundane." ahfkdlcxiuajkjdsnkczx that's brilliant and the ending i am in love with it, you are such a good writer-
    i literally don't have words

this is blue at large... "is it a sin to loathe the known? i’ve grown dull/ along with the peeling paint on the ceiling." and yet we can never turn away from the mundane. we make meaning with what we've got, even if that means believing that cupcakes are now holy :) love ur message to the reader, too. 20 yrs and we've started to unravel, but let's just keep it together for another 20. stronger together. <3

• nervousbibliophile

re: thx lol

• julia*

this is SO GOOD OMG SO SO GOOD

• solarflair

awesome :) how are you btw? this is caleb u. just changed my profile name lolz

• Watermelon6

Re: XD

• Watermelon6

did i hear
    AMAZING HOLY CUPCAKES?!

• Eblinn

"and if i say it enough times, the walls pronounce it true."
    beautiful poem!

• !snapcracklepop!

re: that we do, yes.

• !snapcracklepop!

re re: correction --> lucius is a mean boy, but he's a fluffy mean boy.

• !snapcracklepop!

re: lucius is an icon, lmaooo

• !snapcracklepop!

Those cupcakes had better be sprinkled with bits of Jesus Himself if they're so amazing and holy, lol. (JK JK, great work)
    Also, psst. The second chapter of All-American (Witch) Girl is out:

• pyrrhic

AHHHHHHH DUDE YOU ACTUALLY NAMED IT THAT BAHAHAHAHA I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!!!! (the piece is still as amazing holy cupcakes as the first time i read it :])

• unchosen cauliflower

the cupcakes were indeed very amazing. your writing is so beautiful, I feel like I'm about to vomit stanzas after reading your work. chef's kiss :)

• KeatsShelleyAndAllTheRest

Beautiful poem, very moving, you have a wonderful writing style. Keep writing!