viktoria elessar

she/her || infp-t || gemini

"if i lay here, if i just lay here, would you lie with me and just forget the world?"

est. 7/3/21

when adults say, "teenagers think they are invincible" with that sly, stupid smile on their faces, they don't know how right they are. we need never be hopeless, because we can never be irreparably broken. we think that we are invincible because we are. we cannot be born, and we cannot die. like all energy, we can only change shapes and sizes and manifestations. they forget that when they get old. they get scared of losing and failing. but that part of us greater than the sum of our parts cannot begin and cannot end, and so it cannot fail. thomas edison's last words were "it's very beautiful over there". i don't know where there is, but I believe it's somewhere, and I hope it's beautiful.”
~ pudge halter

a shattered wishing fountain

3
        if i lay here

if i slip silently under
  the silky sheets
if i let my eyelids flutter out
    in the fading light

if i just lay here

if i watch the dangling stars
  dancing across the sky
if i picture you spinning
    between the burning comets

would you lie with me

would you hug me from behind
  and let me cry into your shoulder
would you comfort me
    in a field of dead flowers

and just forget the world

and just close your eyes
  to be here, right now, with me
and just allow yourself to be lost
    lost in a moment that will never return

forget what we're told

forget who we are
  and only know who we could be
who we could be together
    if only they let us

before we get too old

before we lose this perfect chance
  that we’ve been waiting for too long already
before we forget these subtle feelings
    and this wondrous beauty that is so extraordinarily temporary

show me a garden that's bursting into life

show me all the things you put up walls for
  and i promise i wont be one of them
show me all the  broken pieces of you
    and i will piece you together like a shattered wishing fountain 
based off of chasing cars by snow patrol. i started this many months ago and would work on it every now and then and now i finally finished it and love the final result. i hope you like it! }

1

• Zirong

"show me all the things you put up walls for/and i promise i wont be one of them/show me all the broken pieces of you/and i will piece you together like a shattered wishing fountain" -- this is so so beautiful, I've read it a lot of times and will re-read it many times more <3 Also, for some reason it reminds me of Oscar Wilde's The Selfish Giant.

Chasing Cars is such a classic. I love how you managed to fit the lyrics in so naturally. And I love the format too!

re: So sorry for this super late reply! I've been inactive for a while due to my final exams which just ended last week(yay!). Thank you for your sweet comment! Have a lovely week ahead :D

about 23 hours ago

breathtaking, ray! the song lyrics fit beautifully. i think your poetry is definitely improving, too! <3

also i love the quote in your message to readers!

chasing cars is one of my favourite songs, it's calm tune, deep meaning, and overall melancholy feel makes it stand out so much. you've managed to convey this feeling in your own words, adding your thoughts and creating something new. and i fell in love with it