Watermelon6

I’m a new writer who likes books and puns and is most creative when she’s supposed to be asleep.

Ann, Watermelon, Hey You

“Sometimes I’ll start a sentence and I don’t even know where it’s going.”
- Michael Scott

#loveislove #BLM

I’m working on too many projects, but I’m publishing three here:
Under Our Stars - a sad & sassy road trip story set during COVID-19
The Assassin - an assassin has to pose as a big sister
365 Days - A daily prompt using Think Written

Book recs:
Wings of Fire
Rick Riordan
Birdie & Me
Snow Like Ashes
The Penderwicks
Sweep
Six of Crows

Joined July 21, 2021

Reading: Kane Chronicles
Listening: AURORA, The Hidden Kingdom audiobook
Watching: The Owl House, Queendom music video

WtW’s unofficial annoying little sister

Everyone on here is amazing, but I interact with pidgin and ava_grace the most. (I think I can even call them friends. maybe.)

I’m always changing my profile, but it will always be an LGBTQ+ safe space!

Mask Mandate Petition

2
To whom it may concern,

We, the undersigned, ask the County Board of Education to maintain the current mask mandate for the health and safety of students, school staff and faculty, and all citizens.
Wearing a mask is proven to increase protection against COVID-19 by around 70%. It also protects those around the wearer, as it lowers transmission rates by 79%. This means that the spread of COVID would be slowed, as students and staff would be much less likely to bring it to family members, friends, co-workers, and other members of our community.

Please continue to mandate masks. Many elementary students are unable to be vaccinated, and we should do everything possible to keep them safe and to slow the spread of COVID-19.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
So, my school district is considering releasing the mask mandate they have in place. I don’t know the details, but I thought that I could put together a petition to send to the board. I’ll have some students sign it (hopefully at least 10), and send it off. It probably won’t do anything, but who knows? Anyway, here’s a rough draft. I want it to sound like a student genuinely wrote it - because I did - but I still want it to be formal. Any ideas or other evidence?
Thanks!

• A. Penderwick

Ahh, yes, this is incredible, and I'm so glad you're doing something! This automatically makes you better than like 90% of the population. I think this sounds great, and I hope you get a ton of signatures.

• Liv__

re: aw i'm sorry about your friend. mine was one of the jocks of our school who decided he was to good for me this year and idk why. But hopefully we can both find new friends who aren't complete jerks and homophobic :)

• Hermione

Re: Thank you and yeah there's always that one person.

• pidgin

re: that was kinda my thought process too, i feel like facts hold more sway over adults... i would be upset if this happened at my school district, i have friends who want to get vaccinated but can't and this would put them in danger(is that dramatic?) but yeah, if there's anything i can do to help, let me know!

• pidgin

this is good- if i could, i would sign it... you never know if it'll work until you try right? i like the fact that you included facts, i think that it really helps!