rwong

est. 9/19/2020

write like you're running out of time

so, so sorry ive been so insanely inactive because of school and also i literally haven't written since school began *sigh* hoping to come on here more when i find my routine again!!

to teach my heart to beat;

23

some days i hear myself repeating
"i'm okay; it's okay; it's gonna be okay"
under my breath when the world
spins beyond my fingertips and i
am left breathless, unable to shout
the words to the sky as though
i believe them;

as though i'm trying to
replace the oxygen in the room
with the exhale of my words
until i inhale them again and
my heart beats in "it's all okay."

1

• crystalline•galaxies

re (again): i’m so embarrassed by my extraordinarily short response to your comment now. sorry about that! anyway, i wanted to come back and sincerely thank you again for your comment. the formatting was interpreted pretty well — all the italics were kind of the things that i’ve heard teachers say (minus the last one, which were things my parents have said), and then the rest is how i’ve responded to it over time. i haven’t written something quite that personal in a long time, and your comment honestly helped put me at ease so much. i was at home for the first time in a while when writing it and ended up going through a full crisis while there, but hopefully being back at school will help some. thank you a third time for everything!

Re: aldjdkkqlsja you're so sweet! No I am definitely not at their level yet, there's a certain maturity that I lack haha. Like I'm just over here spewing poetic about daisies and the pretty sunlight and they're philosophizing about life and death and all that is way over my head lol. I'm glad you like the style! I definitely think overall my writing has been shifting. Not sure what to think about it yet.
    Haha nooo its not creepy I get it!! Yes I'm gonna come to ca and have so much boba I won't know what to do with myself. Pff 6 is a lot.
    Yes I had so much fun at the ren fest, haha yep I would not be a good fire dancers lol. Just finished writing ur letter btw, so I'll send it tomorrow! Hopefully it'll get to you! Gn my friend :)

Re: you have no idea how happy your comment made me!! I mean just the thought that I am a source of inspiration for you is mind blowing, I still haven't gotten it into my head that people look at my work the way I looked at sunny.v's or dmoral's or poetri's (and I'm sure I have a long looong way to go before I ever get that talented but still!!). I'm so glad the piece worked. I was nervous posting this one, if I'm completely honest. It feels... different, to me, like idk it was a slightly different style and I wasn't sure how to feel about that? But ig it worked so thats good :))
    Haha no don't worry its not stalkerish i do that sometimes idk its just sorta fun to see the conversations others are having (okay now I feel like a stalker lmao i promise its not in a creepy way). But yes id have to agree with u boba is wonderful no matter the time of day XD ofc, I don't have boba all that often so its hard for me to say. Lol that rhymed. Haha I'm doing well, lots of hw, but yesterday my family-friends (like my parents friend group and their extended friends) did a backyard Renaissance festival which if you dont know what that is, its this big festival sorta like the state fair but like... Renaissance... so everyone dresses up and there's food and art and performers (jugglers, fencing, fire dancing, story tellers, all sorts of merchants and little shops). Bc of covid, we didn't go to the actual thing, but we put on one in our friends backyard! We had a bouncy house for the little kids, bows & arrows, caterers, a harpist, and (my favorite part) these two fire dancers who came and did a show! They were so graceful and the fire was mesmerizing and I don't know how they didn't get burned but it was amazing. I still have glitter everywhere (the little kids put together bottles of "fairy dust" on necklaces and I was helping them use the funnel to pour the glitter into the bottles and it got EVERYWHERE). It was fun tho!! I'll send you a picture of my costume if you'd like; its not the most high quality bc we made it ourselves but its cool :)) anyways, sending love!! We should set up a zoom or ft this coming weekend! <33

• crystalline•galaxies

re: i’m so glad that piece is alright. thank you so much for your comment.

• barelybear

Ahhh omggg “As though I’m trying to replace the oxygen in the room with the exhale of my words” that’s so cool!!
    Re: (btw I replied over 2 days and had to copy paste the first bit because I forgot I had to go get the bus halfway through the first one ahah)
    ahh thanks!!
    Hah yes school really has been piling it on :’)
    Don’t worry about when you reply though, I can totally understand that life can just be so busy! There are some days I literally don’t do a thinggg because I’m just relaxing

Hehe yeah it’s weird how the systems are so completely different . Still, we’re nearly done with it alllll
    - wait which school year are you in?
    Oh wowww so you really do need to be a good level in everything
    I guess that’s what’s a little different - here you can get a 9 in English and a 3 in French because there are *so manyyy exmasss*
    It’s really cool that you guys can learn stuff like world history without the pressure of a fixed curriculum and an exam at the end of it c:
    Naw the best bits of history are the analytical bits! I really like the debate side of the subject, and I don’t mind the essays at the end of it either

Oh dearry me seems like you Americans need to update (or down date, I suppose) your dictionary! All these words have me feeling like a grandma sometimes ://

Yeah until 16, the compulsories are maths, both Englishes, at least 2 sciences and usually a language and a humanity, but it depends on the school and the person for those last 3.
    Then for a levels, you can choose any subjects. Absolutely anything. (provided the college/sixth form you go for does that course) it’s so cool because now every lesson I’m going to is one that I have chosen to take :D

Ahh omggg we love Michael McIntyre hehehe
    Literally I have no idea why yall chose sidewalk, rainboots and I mean what even is ATM?? (but that’s the other way around because we go with cash point or cash machine)
    Hehe there was one with that G Mike where he talked about wasps that I though was pretty funny - I’m a type 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5azpB1JfRiY
    He’s such a physical comedy guy!

Ahh that would be cute! I love seeing dogs too c:
    Omg he must either be really clever or really patient

Hehe I think the more the American tries to do the British accent, the funnier it becomes
    Ahhh perfect!! I really liked the few episodes I managed to see of Jinxed (I think that was it anywaysss)

No omg haha I was just joking - sometimes the sarcasm doesn’t quite come throughhhhh hehe
    Ohmagawwwdd
    And other than that the Katy Perry song ofc
    (It is at this point that I come clean to you - I literally do not listen to music. Which is why the only references I can manage are the really famous radio ones, songs form musicals, and the old ones, so pre 2010 hah)
    Ooh and Henry Purcell’s Music For A While, because we studied that for gcse music

Omg yes all those Fahrenheit things, the pounds, the inches, the dollars
    I don’t get anyyy of it haha
    A hoodie at 18C??!! You are really quite crazy!

Ah well I watch Drag Race, so I am familiar with the term, but in the UK it’s not really used that much. People use “beef” sometimes, like “What’s the beef between Maddy and Molly?”

Wait you don’t own a kettle?? So you’d have to heat water on the hob in a saucepan??
    Omgg
    I’m so sorry
    Really
    In the UK we have like childlike, a number you can call if you need help... you got something like that?
    What about a go fund me?
    Gosh
    Sorry ima just take a moment

Anyways, we return
    Hey Shell :D
    Ooh I love the i on Shelli
    Very much American hehe
    Yeah my long name is Eloise but one day one of my friends was like nope I can’t be bothered with 3 syllables all the time, so it’s Ellie. It means I can find my name on more of those souvenir thingies!
    Yesss I would love that :D
    My email is taffandcaff3@gmail.com
    Ooh it’s probably about lunchtime for you!
    Hope you have a good day!! :))

Re: glad I could help!! Okok lol that makes sense!! And yeah if I can help with literally anything lmk, whether it be reviewing or supporting or just hyping u up lol! Im v excited that you're doing this!!! It makes me want to do it too! Shrug shrug idk maybe ill do it lol
    Anyways, I'm eating breakfast and getting ready for the day. It was a struggle to get out of my warm cozy bed today... may have stayed up a liiiittle too late reading ur pieces lol. It was definitely worth it tho haha I actually had so much fun
    Have a good morning!!

Re: omg im so sorry shell I didn't have time last night, I had so much hw and then bed and I just totally didn't look through ur pieces. I'm making that a priority for today. Gonna do it.
    Again I'm so sorry!! Sending love!

Re: haha thanks for all of your sweetness! Your comments always make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :)) perfect feeling to start off a drizzly grey day! (This is by far my favorite weather).
    I mean its school I'm not a fan lol, but yeah!!! Im in Wizard of Oz! Im in the ensemble but im also the flying double for the wicked witch so I get to fly!!!! Thats gonna be pretty crazy :)) I also get to be a munchkin lmao
    Also, yes! Of course I will look through your pieces! It will probably be later tonight after rehearsal. Excited for you!
    Anywaysss i should go, I'm almost at school. All my love!!

re: shell!! yes it's been a minute since i've seen you on here, missed you :)) haha don't worry it made sense! as much sense as anything can make to my tired brain lol. suffered through a long day of school and a 3 hour play rehearsal (that part wasn't suffering haha that was fun) and now i'm doing hw (or... i was doing hw... now i'm on here...)
    so glad you liked the piece :))) im a fan of a couple of the lines, they just strike me as particularly true sometimes.
    yes yes i'm excited for your letter! i have the story sheets ready for my response lol! i've been good, you? sending love :))

• Busssy.Beee

oh me gosh, roa! (hehe, i went with tROuvAille ** the cap letters** as the shortened version! let me know what you think :D) with all that aside though, this piece is so simple, yet emotional. your word choice and diction never fail to leave me speechless, and your writing style is just so stunning!

re: hey! uhmm, honestly i've been kind of tired, you know? like life has some up and downs, and this has kinda been a "down" period :\\ yeahhhh, it's been a longgg time! i'm sorryyyy for that!! :(( i'm going to try to be more active and not wait months or weeks to have activity on here though!! mhmm, highschool started and mannnnn, it's hard lol. some of my classes have really little quantity of hw, but it's like difficult to understand, and the others have a huge quantity of hw, but it's easy. so it's like messed up hahah. outside of school though, you've been doing well, i hope? sending all my love!! <3<3

• solarflair

sheesh this is so good

woah, this piece just ripples, shimmers almost, in the air around me? beautiful and breathtaking. it's urgent, too. the line breaks are effective and i love it so much. i'm so glad you finally got a chance to write! <3

• Rose A

this poem has left me speechless. It's easy to understand yet it speaks volumes. I'm not sure if I'm making sense or conveying my thoughts well, but I really like it.

Oh shell this is so perfect. Really it seems to fit into a place in my chest and lock in like a puzzle piece—it is so truthful and beautiful and I hate to say relatable but yes its relatable. Just all of this is so polished and yet natural... and your diction is perfect. I love how it seems easy to read and not a giant undertaking yk but also its so profound.
    Wow I'm always so amazed and proud of you!!

• crystalline•galaxies

this piece is short, but it sure packs a punch. you’ve captured this emotion so well within such a short amount of time.

• lochnessie

stunning
    literally no words