Khadeejah bint Malik

Philippines

Poet,Writer,ECYL
Third-culture Filipino-Jordanian (she)

Arts, Culture, Sustainability Enthusiast
Homeschooled, Biker, Crocheter
Piano lover
Horse and cat lover
Classical Music , Qur'an
Big Sis
(ongoing) HUMSS student!!

My mottos:
THERE'S NOTHING MORE MEANINGFUL IN LIFE THAN TO EDUCATE ONESELF TO CARE FOR HUMANITY. (Khadeejah H.)

READING IS NOT JUST TURNING A PAGE, IT IS OPENING THE MIND AND HEART THAT MAKES TOMORROW A BETTER FUTURE. (Khadeejah H.)

A HOME WITHOUT BOOKS IS A BODY WITHOUT SOUL.

We Are Asleep Until We Wake Up

5
From wildfires and typhoons
To the endangerment of baboons.
It's not new for me to hear,
And I don't know if we can still bear. 

We will soon tell our children
We once had fireplace
Greenland was once white
Polar bears once existed
But animals weren't given rights

Aren't we alarmed? Aren't we in fear?
The destruction of nature is coming near.

But we return to sleep, dreaming of a journey in a utopian trip
Only trying to skip the fact that we are in a sinking ship.

It is time we awaken our dream, as situations become extreme,
Time passes and can't be redeemed, now we realise it's late so we scream.

But our voices would not be heard, everyone is absent and asleep.
I hope to bring a strong sense of what our nature is facing now and a clear call to action. I hope it inspires you.
I'm doing perfectly fine (if anyone is concerned about me), just preparing things for the upcoming school and arranging stuff at home is what keeps me busy. 
Have a nice day and stay safe.

• September 2, 2021 - 8:53am (Now Viewing)

• Toikupu~est

Re: Hi, sorry it took me so long to reply! Been trying to think up something good enough to answer your wonderful comment! And don't worry about it being very long, I felt noticed which is great :)
    That's a shame they deleted your piece, because I really loved it! Even if you didn't mean it that way, and I hope you didn't because you are an amazing writer, at least they're just looking out for you and everyone.
    You sound impressively smart if you're doing all that work by the way, good on you. I know loads of people that aren't even bothering so that fact that you are doing anything, let alone so much, is really inspiring. Remember to take mental health breaks though, your welllbeing is just as important if not more.
    Your event seems really cool, I hope you do more in future :)
    Oh and in regards to mochi, I promise its a must-try!!
    This piece IS really inspiring by the way, and its a great metaphor. I'm totally on your page.
    Stay safe and hope you stay happy,
    ~Toikupu :)

• McK13

Hi! I can vividly see how determined you are to speak up on this urgent matter and I applaud and appreciate you for using your voice! Way to go! I completely agree with everything you said and I love how you organized this piece and the variety of descriptions you used. I feel your frustration through your words and can relate so much. Thank you for sharing your meaningful voice and your important words :)

• ~rain~

re: aw thank you so much for your sweet comment :) and i will try to make it!! my only problem is that i'm sick with covid... hopefully i'll feel well enough to do it!!
    and other than being sick, i've been well! i'm back in-person at school (well not right now, due to covid), i've played lots of guitar lately, and both Halloween and Thanksgiving are coming up so i'm excited for that!
    how are you? :)
    -Rain