Yellow Sweater

Zinnia | she/her | bi | agnostic | 18 | WA

2021-2022 Seattle Youth Poet Laureate

Elitist Atlantic Subscriber (jk, but I do think the Atlantic does some awsome journalism)

I don't necessarily agree with my own assertions

I like spaceships, temples, and tea.

Some of my favorite poets and poet-adjacent-people: Federico Garcia Lorca, Ocean Vuong, Annie Dillard, Italo Calvino, Arundhati Roy, Michael Ondaatje, Becky Chambers, Pablo Neruda... The list goes on.

I am on here way too much.

My book is out next June! It feels wonderful to be able to say that with such certainty!

There are so many excellent writers on this site, but if you are new and looking for a place to start, check out: Paisley Blue, aosora, wishtree, aismic, Starlitskies, R.j.Elsewhere, amaryllis, .. ugh there are so many more....

Knitting Phonemes

9
I’ve grown too fond of words, of their boundaries, and of how those boundaries blur. I sometimes forget that the truth at the heart of all other truths is that there is only one word, made up of an infinite amount of sounds. A word so long, you could wrap it around the earth. A word so long, you could knit a sweater out of it for the earth to wear.

• rosie_

I've been reading your pieces, and you truly are such an incredible writer!! It is so great to see someone who has such a sophisticated and unique style!! I aspire to write like this :)

• Chai Tea

Re: Wow, that's so exciting! I'll have to read her book now :)
    Also, I have to ask about your book deal! How did you make contact with a publishing company? I can't wait for next June; I will be reading it.

• Chai Tea

This is a beautiful piece. Congratulations on opening for Maggie Nelson! That is such a big deal, and, from what I've seen of your writing, you definitely deserve it.

This made me feel so warm and safe. Beautiful <3